Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Managed to get most of the scrape off that was by the rear passenger side wheel. Used Turtle Wax rubbing compound, followed by Meguiars ultimate compound, followed by Meguiars quick wax.

Before:
View attachment 55212
After:
View attachment 55213
If there is still any paint transferred on to your car after compounding it, try a little WD-40 with a magic eraser. It comes off with almost no effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry guys forgot to post this sooner. Didn't do this today. So I'm behind, here's what we've got going on.......70k miles Albins gears 1-4 with synchros, EXEDY lightweight clutch and flywheel, stainless clutch line, K-Tuned shift knob installed. Valve cover powder coated red wrinkle, PWJDM washer kit, PWJDM dry carbon fiber coil cover, PWJDM theft proof oil cap, K-Tuned dipstick K&N filter installed. Drove 5 miles running like crap. After being down 2 weeks THAT was unacceptable......RE tune needed for flywheel upgrade. Stupid me. Hondata Flash Pro to the rescue.

Today I picked up drilled and slotted rotors with rear calipers and ordered TL-S brake kit from rsxretrofits.com. Gonna look great behind my white Volk TE37s! Was leaving to take calipers to powder coating UPS showed up with K-Tuned 3.5 Short Ram. MORE wrenching MORE tuning!

Today I picked up drilled and slotted rotors with rear calipers and ordered TL-S brake kit from rsxretrofits.com. Gonna look great behind my white Volk TE37s! Was leaving to take calipers to powder coating UPS showed up with K-Tuned 3.5 Short Ram. MORE wrenching MORE tuning!
I think I posted in the wrong place. My bad

I've done the unthinkable. I like it, and don't start going on about only Evo's doing it!
263b2ae5ae44822efe4b783ea81560db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please dont use a magic eraser because a magic eraser is a very very very fine grit sandpaper, wd 40 alone with a microfiber towel will work just fine.
As long as you don't put a bunch of pressure behind it, you'll just end up buffing it out the tiny scratches with the compound anyways. You do want to be careful not to take off your own paint and clear coat though. More of a time saving tip for next time rather than this time since I couldn't see any paint still on there in the after pic.

I've used that method on my own bumper and had no issues, especially since it is much less aggressive than sand paper once you lube it up with the WD-40. It saved me the hassle of buffing the same area 3 times to get white paint transfer off my black bumper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm down. There's a lot of 9ths where I live. I see a ton down in SD.

April 8th there will be one in Mira Mesa if u know where that is. But it's pretty much luxury cars with a few hondas. I just go cause my friends dj's it lol. I'll give u details when it gets closer.

I'm down. There's a lot of 9ths where I live. I see a ton down in SD.

April 8th there will be one in Mira Mesa if u know where that is. But it's pretty much luxury cars with a few hondas. I just go cause my friends dj's it lol. I'll give u details when it gets closer.

Sounds good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Jupiter, next time there's a meet up in FL, I'm in

We have something planned for April 9, if you want pm your number and Ill send it the guy that invited me to the meet, he's pretty cool and is the one that keeps in contact with the founder of the group.

I've never been a fan of chrome bolt-ons but I do like a touch of chrome when it looks OEM. One thing I've always felt the EX-L trim was lacking was some chrome door handles, so I picked up a cheap set on eBay for $10 to see if I even like how it looks. They're not super well cut when you look close, but they look great from afar IMO and I may just be on the lookout for a higher quality set.

Before
before1_zpssth22h9c.jpg

before2_zpszexr3prt.jpg

After
after1_zpsuxedayhm.jpg

after2_zpsxvc5yzna.jpg

Back