Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Anything is available any where in this world now a day. Thanks for the link.

Installed the factory remote starter system and the red ambient lighting kit. Hardly anything extravagant; but, it took the better part of the day to do.

I need to clay, polish and wax my car. It is too hot to try to do during the day here in Colorado... guess I'll get to it soon

Pics of the lighting?

It is just the factory kit, nothing special; you still want to see it?

EDIT:
Just went and took some night time pics; the lighting is very subtle (nowhere near as bright as some of the installs I’ve seen on here). On the bright side (pun intended), the wiring is there for some aftermarket mods later if I desire:

Center area is most noticeable:
3C080FF3-A9EC-4884-B7E4-B6CB7C4C5444.jpeg
Pedals also allow for some reflection to tell the lights are on:
04B93A90-91E8-4B0E-B2C8-817BDB527A0D.jpeg
There is also a light in the passenger’s footwell, but I didn’t have anything not black to show it (the dark interior absorbs a lot of the light).

Last edited:
It is just the factory kit, nothing special; you still want to see it?

There is also a light in the passenger’s footwell, but I didn’t have anything not black to show it (the dark interior absorbs a lot of the light).
I thought the red LED kit comes with only 2 LED's ?

I thought the red LED kit comes with only 2 LED's ?

2012 version is 3; 2013+ is 2.

In one of the threads on this topic, I asked about this because I was having trouble find the red kit for the 2012 and was trying to see if the 2013+ was compatible. When I learned the harness was actually different (2 vs 3 LEDs); I figured they probably weren’t interchangeable (and Webby pointed me in the right direction on the proper 2012 part number).

EDIT:
Just went back and looked at the thread where I asked those questions:
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-2015-ambient-light-kit.11026/page-2

And, I noticed you’re in there. I guess to answer your question on is it worth the $100, I think that depends on you. The lighting is a bit underwhelming if you’re going for a lot of glow. However, the kit wires everything in with a factory switch and is controlled by the factory lighting which keeps it clean. To me, that is worth it (I would also point out the button is a dark grey and is somewhat contrasting against the black dash). Plus, if you’re really not happy with it, you can always install something brighter to the lighting harness (may have to adjust the voltage down depending on what you do) and keep the factory installed look and operation.

Last edited:
I found claying pretty easy. Waxing is hard!
My last car was white, and using a sealant or a glaze was incredibly hard because you could never see if there was enough on
If you used wax, rubbing it off needed a workout, especially good carnauba ones!

Presenting to you my son's matching 8 th gen Si
K0YgXE5.jpg

Back