Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Swapped out my Licence plate lights + interior lights with amazon LED's (mostly because my year old turns on the interior lights, and they end up draining the battery, and wanted to reduce that)

The number plate ones are too dull, and I found these instead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-18-LED-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

after buying, i noticed that they plug into some harness, and i remember the wires being too short for me to reach the connector. I imagine I will need to remove the trim inside the trunk lid to reach it, but is there a guide or photos of it anywhere ?

Gave my car a bath. Still need to clay bar and wax sometime.
image0.png

Cleaned the wheels today... and applied some of Adam's quick sealant.

Still mad they discontinued this product in aerosol form. Great for headlights... grills... and wheels. I've even used it on my windshield with great success.

The number plate ones are too dull, and I found these instead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-18-LED-License-Plate-Light-lights-For-Honda-Accord-Civic-MR-V-Pilot-Odyssey/112435608517?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

after buying, i noticed that they plug into some harness, and i remember the wires being too short for me to reach the connector. I imagine I will need to remove the trim inside the trunk lid to reach it, but is there a guide or photos of it anywhere ?
Update: Realized that the connector is right at the back of the licence plate light, and a poke of the screwdriver was all it needed. Fitting these lights itself was a bit complicated as their clasp mechanism is a poor copy of the original design, and actually does not work the same way. The fit is pretty loose, and I am a bit worried they might fall out - may have to use some double sided tape to prevent that if it happens
lgMsvyU.jpg

The light output is outstanding, but on the minus side, i found out that it has some scatter, and overwhelms the reverse cam in the rain
lAvGojW.jpg

I’m taking the sub out of my hatch and putting it in the si. Hatch is going back to being gutted. Ran all the wires. Waiting for my loc. E9755CC3-5CA6-4044-B904-ED590E80AE10.jpegD228668D-C9C2-4F10-B0F5-AE8420F8F5C6.jpeg7463C1A9-2F67-4906-BA1A-FBBABECE9AEA.jpeg

I actually took the time and did a decent job. No wires exposed. I’m probably going to put in interior back in the rear.

What rear strut tower bar is that? I like the clean install and functionality it leaves.

Siri Moto stage 2.5 strut kit or something like that. Comes with that brace and the front top strut. Procivic carries it at a good price.

I did some maintenance on the Civic today; and one small modification.

Here’s the list of stuff accomplished:
Oil & filter change
Coolant flush/change
Tires rotated
Air filter cleaned
Topped off brake and clutch fluid reservoirs
Cleaned up the engine bay a little (had a lot of grime built up on the valve cover and the plastic covers)
Did a quick polish on the headlights
One mod: installed the Honda engine block heater (because I don’t like the cold and don’t always have time to wait for my car to warm up).

All in all, a very productive day.

The start of the day:
21F911C2-CF3D-4E24-BCB9-E0356893CE32.jpeg

The pile of stuff:
D7603F0E-C5A9-46EC-89F2-652324796DDA.jpeg

Part way through:
25F64F42-9094-45D3-9A1D-16E85B118F6E.jpeg

And, if anyone wants to install the block heater, here’s a tip from my experience. The instructions have you pull apart the top end, which almost makes you think that you can remove the plug and install the heater from the top. Well, I didn’t find this to be very good as it is farther down the block than you might think and it is difficult to get enough leverage when reaching in from above. So, here was my setup: ratchet (notice that is a 1/2” drive flex-head ratchet (next to my 3/8” drive one), it took some torque to get the plug to pop free), 1/2” to 3/8” adapter, 36” extension, impact swivel, and 10mm Allen socket:
82C4C8CC-D3EA-4F2F-BE4F-E79B31073D47.jpeg

I went in from the bottom, behind and over the rack & pinion:
1384B88A-9367-4422-BC93-BC17E3420B23.jpeg

Worked well for me; someone else may have a better solution though.

Finished product, all back together and on the ground:
28F58EF6-2F45-42BA-BFF9-5979C08F3805.jpeg

Back