Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Last edited:
I love seeing the tools people put together to reach hard to get spots. Looks like it was a pain.

It actually wasn’t bad, just took a bit to get the plug to pop free; once the aluminum gave up its kung-fu grip, it was pretty easy the rest of the way. Torquing the heater in was a bit of a hassle though. There is a lot of twist in a 36” extension, so I wasn’t sure I got it torqued properly using a similar rig to the one I got the plug out with (the heater requires a 24mm socket) so I had to make a different setup to get it from above with a shorter extension in order to ensure that it was torqued properly (44ft-lbs). Also, the bumper was removed per the instructions; however, in hindsight, pulling the inner fender would have probably been enough (other than drilling an inner trim piece behind the bumper to route a tie wrap through the holes, it could be skipped). Although, the bumper being out of the way did make routing the wire a bit easier.

Damn! I forgot about your intro thread with the Stealth info. My fault.

No worries; I don’t post a lot and haven’t been around for long, so I’m easily overlooked. One of the few reasons the Stealth plate says Invisible.

Been a while since I was on here, man do I have some updates for yall! Look out for my new build thread where ill go into detail about what happened to my previous build and what I am doing to my new one!

Changed my rear brakes and tinted my tail lights with VHT. Turned out quite nice, except they look a bit spotty or blurry up close. Any way to smooth that out? I'm incredibly over due for a detailed wash. Haven't been driving her. Will clean her up soon!

51048589_243383773258223_7305809515901878272_n.jpg

50708371_314446462534217_3669950679989878784_n.jpg

Picked this EG8 up today for 1k. The apron on the left side has damage, not too extensive and the car has 350,000 miles. It's a stick shift, I bought it to learn and the engine will be swapped in the future. It's a project car and it will be fun to get it back in proper working order.
52599111_313804582823688_9133673861080940544_n.png

Nice man. That’s how I learned. Picking up a beater and fixing it from the ground up. The great thing about those cars is there are a ton of parts available for dirt cheap and anything you want to do to the car has been made into a YouTube video. Let me know if u have any questions about that thing. I’ve rebuilt my fair share of eg’s.

What engine u plan on putting in it?

Nice man. That’s how I learned. Picking up a beater and fixing it from the ground up. The great thing about those cars is there are a ton of parts available for dirt cheap and anything you want to do to the car has been made into a YouTube video. Let me know if u have any questions about that thing. I’ve rebuilt my fair share of eg’s.

What engine u plan on putting in it?
Thanks man and eventually I plan to do a swap to the B20B. Right now I mainly want to focus on flushing all the fluids and clean up the engine bay and get a couple parts for the exterior. I'm also going to have to get a new radiator core support for the vehicle, but I'm just going to bolt that one so I can access the apron damage later to get a proper fix on that.
That's a great starter! Sedans don't get as much love as they should.
Thanks! I enjoy having sedans and like the way they look. I had one before my 9th gen, but had to give it up because I left to the Army. Here is photos of my last 1995 Sedan.

12528815_1152351484776287_1355251499_o.jpg

12788716_1153671221310980_2020814751_o.jpg

12722473_1153784197966349_1814946471_o.jpg

I just ordered my core support from rock auto for $70. It’s pretty easy to do just drilling out all those spot welds can take a while but I’m going the bolt on method as well. Making a self bleeder will save a good amount of time bleeding the brakes. I would let the slave gravity bleed for a while just keep an eye on it so u don’t let the cylinder go dry.

B20b is a good engine for those cars. And cheap!!!

Thanks! I enjoy having sedans and like the way they look. I had one before my 9th gen, but had to give it up because I left to the Army. Here is photos of my last 1995.

I'm just now medically retiring from the army, where we're you stationed? I was at from from aug 04 - jun 14 and I'm currently at Carson for about two more weeks until i head to nc to enjoy civilian life.

I was looking for a coupe-just like that style so much-so few cars are coupe's now-sedan=boring, coupe's Fun.
I did a lot of oil tech research because never had a car that runs 0-20w. My conclusion run Napa 0-20 $19 or supertech syn 0-20 $16=which has a snplus rating the highest in motor oil-very surprising- in summer maybe a 5-20w-but why bother. Change oil at 40% of oil changer minder. I like napa platinum oil filters and don't for get the air filter-stock air filter or carquest the best to run in these cars-donot use a after market setup unless adding a turbo.

I just ordered my core support from rock auto for $70. It’s pretty easy to do just drilling out all those spot welds can take a while but I’m going the bolt on method as well. Making a self bleeder will save a good amount of time bleeding the brakes. I would let the slave gravity bleed for a while just keep an eye on it so u don’t let the cylinder go dry.

B20b is a good engine for those cars. And cheap!!!
Nice! I'll likely order it there as well. I'm trying to find the best method of breaking the spot welds, but I think taking a drill bit will be fine. What is a self bleeder? I have also heard of speed bleeders somewhere around the web. I haven't really messed with that aspect of a vehicle yet so not sure how hard it actually is.
I'm just now medically retiring from the army, where we're you stationed? I was at from from aug 04 - jun 14 and I'm currently at Carson for about two more weeks until i head to nc to enjoy civilian life.
Thanks for your service! I was stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky with the 101st Airborne Division, HHQ CO. I worked as operations out of The Sabalauski Air Assault School. (42A) Enjoy retirement, hope it treats you well.

Change oil at 40% of oil changer minder.
Do whatever you like, but there are countless lab results from users here who ran mobil 1 and other synthetic 0w20 oils, and they were told they still had oil life with 10k miles on the oil. They were told to run like 12k miles next change and submit their oil again. At 40% on the maintenance minder, you're going to be throwing away a lot of good oil.
Your maintenance minder in your dash keeps track of cold starts, rpms, highway vs stop and go traffic etc. It then calculates when the oil needs changed. When you get to 15% on the minder, you're supposed to get the oil changed. The mileage will be different for everyone based on driving habits from oil change to oil change.

Back