Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I have yet to go and drive this Honda 2013 si on the road-I will look at everything till its perfect -110% then see where I should be at maintenance wise- I usually change oil very early-bad habit of mine-it seems to work however 100% LOL! Notice my 11750 vtec engine vfr 800 and think where Honda should bee! Worlds highest performance vtec engine LOL! Add a turbo to the vtec 800,.

My other vtec needs a chain put on-have that just no tool yet, new sliders maybe tires, fork oil change-and this vtec with carbon canister 2 bos you can really hear and feel! I wear ear plugs all ways.

Gave my car a wash. More rain coming on the weekend, but at least I can enjoy this week. It looks better in person. lol
52682541_2252194724820224_1820821479281917952_n.jpg

Got a fix it ticket for front windshield tint, had to remove it. They didn't care about side window tint so that was good.

You can get a ticket for that in cali?
front windows basically have to be clear in cali. It's beyond stupid

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Aftermarket film must allow more than 88% of light in, or minimum 70% VLT if combined with factory-tinted windows.
Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

Tint darkness for SUV and vans:
Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side windows: Aftermarket film must allow more than 88% of light in, or minimum 70% VLT if combined with factory-tinted windows.
Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

The best are the “registration” checkpoints randomly thrown up throughout the week during the day or the tons of dui checkpoints. They will pull u to the side and take u to town. I use Waze everyday to dodge the fuzz.

Ca Occupation force of Nazi's -Democrat's Idea of freedom.-here 35% tint is allowed which is on my SRT-4 and Slow Mom 's Go cart Honda SI also has 35% tint on side windows-anything coming from CA is to be spit on-Global warming is good for you-eat recycled food! Kill the cat but I don't like stink and droning noise. Honda Si req cpmputer controller to make it run right.

Last edited:
The best are the “registration” checkpoints randomly thrown up throughout the week during the day or the tons of dui checkpoints. They will pull u to the side and take u to town. I use Waze everyday to dodge the fuzz.

Well... if everything is legal then you don't have to worry about the registration checkpoints... DUI checkpoints should be a routine thing. Too many people out there drinking and driving.

Well... if everything is legal then you don't have to worry about the registration checkpoints... DUI checkpoints should be a routine thing. Too many people out there drinking and driving.

I agree with the dui one. The other ones are ridiculous.

It was illegal and wasn't smart to begin with, but I was just at a red light and he already had someone pulled over. He looked over at me and told me to pull in front of the other car.

Last edited:
I agree with the dui one. The other ones are ridiculous.

The registration checkpoints are to just get you for other things (possibly drinking & driving, drugs, ect).

It was illegal and wasn't smart to begin with, but I was just at a red light and he already had someone pulled over. He looked over at me and told me to pull in front of the other car.

I've never understood front windshields being tinted. I have sensitive eyes (sunglasses on pretty much whenever driving - sunny, rainy, cloudy, snowing). Only time I don't wear sunglasses is of course night time (when it's dark).

The registration checkpoints are to just get you for other things (possibly drinking & driving, drugs, ect).

I've never understood front windshields being tinted. I have sensitive eyes (sunglasses on pretty much whenever driving - sunny, rainy, cloudy, snowing). Only time I don't wear sunglasses is of course night time (when it's dark).
I do the same thing. Me during daytime without sunglasses is rare Judy because it feels like I'm squinting the whole time...

windshields are one thing, but not being able to tint your front DOOR windows is stupid
I just never used glasses because it feels like something is blocking my vision, but the tint wasn't too dark for me. However, it is a big liability if you get in an accident. The cop told me he didn't care about my front door tints, but the front so I think it is just a hit or miss. Anyone will eventually get caught up.

I would have keep going-and make the cop pull me over. its tinted you can't see anything LOL! At inspection they wanted me to pay for a sticker-I went some where else to get inspected! Now in CA where you get roasted in heat-no tint LOL! If you saw the fuzz, why didn't you just avoid the cop?

I would have keep going-and make the cop pull me over. its tinted you can't see anything LOL! At inspection they wanted me to pay for a sticker-I went some where else to get inspected! Now in CA where you get roasted in heat-no tint LOL! If you saw the fuzz, why didn't you just avoid the cop?

Are you serious? You can't be.... Please tell me you are joking...

Let's get an eluding charge because you didn't follow orders from a Police Officer to stop and pull over... :rolleyes:

Eluding Charge - a person is guilty of eluding if, while operating a motor vehicle, they knowingly attempt to flee or elude a law enforcement officer after having received a signal from the officer to bring the vehicle to a stop.

Back