Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Discussion in 'Garage' started by Dar-Dar, Apr 28, 2012.

1. r18-power

r18-power Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Focus ST
    Body Style:
    Hatchback
    That sucks! What was your tint % ? CA is really strict about tint which sucks, my windshield is tinted with 50% tint and a 5% strip, my front windows are 15% and rear are 5% cops in FL don’t really care about it, but I have a permit though so I don’t care either lol but I have a buddy with 15% all around and his windshield tinted 35% on the whole thing and he hasn’t been pulled over since he had it done 3 years ago, I personally think thats too dark though.

45E226FE-160F-420C-98CB-0F342A3749D3.jpeg

bauer311 likes this.
  2. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I made a left turn and the light was red and the cop was on the side of the curb. He stopped what he was doing and told me to pull over. Not really a way out of it and I wasn't going to drive off.
    Yours looks pretty dark as well, but mine was 30%, no way I would go lower than that. I had it for about 4-6 months. It is definitely illegal, I was aware of that when putting it on, but I didn't know much about tint so I just went with it and stuck with it. I knew it was a matter of time until I got a fix it ticket. Not sure if I would bother redoing it at 50%+. Here was mine at 35%

[​IMG]

bauer311 likes this.
  3. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

from an eye doctor? Or what's the story on that?

Verzerrung likes this.
  4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Active Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted glass coupe! SRT-4 180+! VFR-800-11750 rpm!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    tinted glass can't see anything, only a problem in CA-I would file a counter complaint of harassment especially if the car was all ready inspected and passed!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. r18-power

r18-power Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Focus ST
    Body Style:
    Hatchback
    That doesn’t look much darker than mine, what are your side windows? Personally if you want to avoid being pulled over again yet you want the protection to your interior do a 70% on the entire windshield, Its clear enough to go unnoticed but strong enough to protect you from the sun, my dad has it on his CRV, I’ll get you a picture later to show you.

Yes, every state actually has that form. You just have to have a doctor fill it out and then you send it to the DMV, they will mail you back a certificate. There is no limit to the tint % with that permit (atleast in FL) I could do 5% all around including the windshield but that’s just ridiculous.

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Active Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted glass coupe! SRT-4 180+! VFR-800-11750 rpm!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Ya go to doctor DR.Dueguess get form then tint your windows 99% or just black them out completely-just 95% on front windshield.

7. Verzerrung

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    It does look similar, I may go 70% with a tint strip in the future. All the other tint that is on my car has been there since I got it so I'm not too sure. I may have all the tint removed and get it re-tinted. Some place near me quote $160 for all the windows excluding the moon roof and front window with a lifetime warranty. I haven't really shopped around so I might look into other places, but the prices seems more than fair.

8. Verzerrung

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    For the So Cal guys, who is going to the Civic Cruise on the 16th?

9. bootyluvr
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

bootyluvr Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
    I drove the STi yesterday since the weather was nicer but then it got cloudy, windy and cooler :/ I took her to the local Subaru Meet last night and then took her back to her secret location this morning to be stored :giggle:

STi Interior 3-14-2019.jpg

Here is one of my friend's '07 SWP (Satin White Pearl) STi and another friends Acura TSX (modified)

STi Meet BWW.jpg

webby and bauer311 like this.
  10. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

you listen to country? (unexpected?)

11. bootyluvr
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    I listen to just about everything.

These are the radio presets in the STi.

Button # 1 - Rap
    Button #2 - Country
    Button #3 - Rock
    Button #4 - Top Hits

12. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

death metal?

13. bootyluvr
    • 2018 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    Sure but it's not a regular thing I'll listen to though. I'm not sure if you've heard of Ghost but I saw them a few months ago. They are more Heavy Metal though.