Ordered aFeTakeda CAI for my '12 Si

WhiteWillie

NW Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Well for better or for worse, I just ordered the aFe Takeda CAI for my '12 Si. Before installing it, I plan to get FlashPro and once installed, ask Vit to tune me up.

Last edited:
why...for better or for worse? I've not seen anyone disappointed with that intake

I don't have that intake, but if it had been offered near what I got my K&N for, and with a resonator delete, I think I would have gone with it. You are going to love it. The only worse is the $1,000 dent in the wallet! You'll be glad you got flashpro too. It is the key to the car.

Last edited:
I don't really think you'll need a tune right away. You're just getting an intake.

I know, but I'd wait for a couple more bolt on mods before getting a tune.

Last edited:
why...for better or for worse? I've not seen anyone disappointed with that intake

I've been hemming and hawing for months Webby. There are so many options. Some of what seemed to be good options could only be used on sunny days and if it rained, user would have to go back to stock CAI. That just does not seem practical for a daily driver. I was also hoping to see what Skunk2 would come out with. However, I'm an old guy and may well be pushing up daisies before that happens. So I decided on the Takeda because it uses the stock air scoop and should provide reasonable benefits.

I've been hemming and hawing for months Webby. There are so many options. Some of what seemed to be good options could only be used on sunny days and if it rained, user would have to go back to stock CAI. That just does not seem practical for a daily driver. I was also hoping to see what Skunk2 would come out with. However, I'm an old guy and may well be pushing up daisies before that happens. So I decided on the Takeda because it uses the stock air scoop and should provide reasonable benefits.
Does anyone have experience with the (I'll call them) water socks that go over the exposed filter in a CAI to prevent water entering? Are they effective? Seems to me that if they can keep water molecules out, they restrict airflow, too.

The reason I ask is that I am afraid to do a res delete but might if slipping a sock over the remaining oem opening would help.

Last edited:
thanks man,

and what all us you think about this two vs K&N?? because im not sure which one buy! i know that K6N sound louder but AFE and greddy have better #s as per sellers :hyper:

thanks man,

and what all us you think about this two vs K&N?? because im not sure which one buy! i know that K6N sound louder but AFE and greddy have better #s as per sellers :hyper:
I have the K&N and love it. It sounds awesome. On the other hand, Takeda/Greddy owners say their units stay cooler. I don't know that to be true or not. Both draw air from the oem resonator tubes, the Takeda is completely enclosed in a box next the hot engine, while the K&N is in the same area, and only forms a closed box when the hood is shut on it. Does the Takeda store heat?

I've known K&N my whole life and that's why I went with it. Love the look of the Takeda though. As far as "the numbers," I never put too much stock in claimed HP gains.

It really boils down to personal preference. Either choice is a good one.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yes it helps a lot :thumb: !! the only mods that Im think on doing will be Intake, downpipe and Flashpro, so the numbers will not be that high so im thinking on K&N because i used it before and i know it as you said,

thanks buddy

Thinking about buying one next month not sure which one to get... The Takeda or K & N... I am mainly going for sound and some gains. Not sure which one to get!

Back