Over rev protection using flash pro?

John_chafin

Georgia
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si
So I thought in order to have the over rev feature on my 2012 Si sedan since it didn't come with it (like the 13s did) was to buy a seperate program. I recently learned that you can do it with flash pro. I've had flash pro for a while now, also I've had my car precision tuned. How do you get the over rev protection feature using flash pro and will it effect my previous tune?

Sorry I'm dumb to all this ecu tuning stuff.
Thanks in advance,
John

The car has a stock limiter built in regardless of year. It'll cut fuel if you bounce off the rev limiter. Run the car up to redline and you'll see what I mean. The car will not stop you from downshifting into 2nd gear doing 100mph thus blowing the engine regardless of year.

So I thought in order to have the over rev feature on my 2012 Si sedan since it didn't come with it (like the 13s did) was to buy a seperate program. I recently learned that you can do it with flash pro. I've had flash pro for a while now, also I've had my car precision tuned. How do you get the over rev protection feature using flash pro and will it effect my previous tune?

Sorry I'm dumb to all this ecu tuning stuff.
Thanks in advance,
John
You're talking about launch control. Thats set with the flash pro. Over rev protection (rev limiter) is on all cars after a certain model year (2000s maybe). On our cars its a fuel cutoff at 7200 rpm or so.

You're talking about launch control. Thats set with the flash pro. Over rev protection (rev limiter) is on all cars after a certain model year (2000s maybe). On our cars its a fuel cutoff at 7200 rpm or so.

Yeah I mean launch control, lol. So it is set with flash pro?

Back