P0497 and P145C

15WhiteSi

Had P0497 (Evaporative Emission System Low Purge Flow) and P145C (DTC not defined - something along those lines) pop up a few days ago and they seem to not go away.

Info on car: 2015 Civic Si, all stock.

I did have the "tighten gas cap" message come up with a code (forgot what it was). Purchased a brand new OEM gas cap from Honda, installed, and message went away. The very next day, P0497 and P145C came on. Read a bunch of stuff online and some people suggested changing the purge control solenoid. I purchased a brand new one from Honda, installed it today, cleared the codes, and my CEL came back on. I told my eTuner about the problem, and he suggested to check the vacuum lines. I checked the vacuum lines to and away from the purge control solenoid and there are no crimps.

Also, I know with newer cars, the ECU stores permanent codes and cleared after the problem is fixed and car goes thru a set cycle. When I cleared the codes, all the pending and confirmed codes are erased, but the permanent ones are still there. Drove my car for a bit, and I got the pending and confirmed codes back in my system (a total of 2 different codes, but 3 times: so 6 error codes).

Anyone else have any suggestions? Would like to get this thing fixed asap.

Thanks

Do the dodge fix-black tape over light-100% fixed:pianodance:

So you’re “stock”, but you mentioned a tuner? Are you running kpro or hondata with a tune?

I only see P145C as a code someone has had here, and it was a flood car that had a ton of other problems and codes. So, not helpful to your situation.

So you’re “stock”, but you mentioned a tuner? Are you running kpro or hondata with a tune?

I only see P145C as a code someone has had here, and it was a flood car that had a ton of other problems and codes. So, not helpful to your situation.

My bad, forgot to mention that I am in the process of getting a tune on my stock car. I did mention the problem with my eTuner, but he suggests that the code means that there's a vacuum leak somewhere. Could a tune affect an emissions pertaining vacuum?

That's true, the tape mod works on everything. srt-4 is running a catted custom SS 3 inch with muffler-less noise then even stock and the computer doesn't like it. Stock exhaust is actually kind of noisy. I don't really recommend tape mod on 100% stock cars, something must be wrong.

Just an update; I did take it to a shop to get a vacuum leak test (as suggested by my tuner), and he was right, there's a leak coming from above the gas tank. The shop also suggested that it might be the gas tank pressure sensor or something like that. I'm thinking it might be referred to the vent pressure sensor on the EVAP canister. Any thoughts?

I threw out my evaporator on the Honda motorcycle, more EPA junk from CA.:wheee:

Just an update; I did take it to a shop to get a vacuum leak test (as suggested by my tuner), and he was right, there's a leak coming from above the gas tank. The shop also suggested that it might be the gas tank pressure sensor or something like that. I'm thinking it might be referred to the vent pressure sensor on the EVAP canister. Any thoughts?
Have you tried replacing the PVC valve or cleaning the EGR?

The shop didn’t fix it?

No, they suggested to call Honda first because it should be under the drivetrain warranty.

Not sure if I should just wait till I change my fuel pump in preparation for my s/c install.

No, they suggested to call Honda first because it should be under the drivetrain warranty.

Not sure if I should just wait till I change my fuel pump in preparation for my s/c install.

If you still have a Warranty I would take it to Honda and have them fix it. That way it shouldn't cost you anything.

For the fuel pump did your tuner say you should get one? Only reason I ask is I am Turbocharged and the stock one seems to be more than enough for my set up and I just curious.

If you still have a Warranty I would take it to Honda and have them fix it. That way it shouldn't cost you anything.

For the fuel pump did your tuner say you should get one? Only reason I ask is I am Turbocharged and the stock one seems to be more than enough for my set up and I just curious.

I sent him my datalogs yesterday and an email explaining what the shop found; so I'm just waiting for his response. Well, I'm planning on trying to reach closer to the 400whp range with a s/c and water/meth injection.

Hopefully it's nothing to hard to fix. I just asked my tuner if I am able to turn up my boost 3 more lbs but I am only on 93 and I need to see how much more fuel I can push with the factory pump and no fuel return.

Back