DIY P2R Steel Braided Clutch Line

GuyverCivic

Illinois
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hello Folks! Welcome to my DIY for the P2R Steel Braided Clutch Line.
This is my first new car. I very little experience in car fixing.
In my introduction. My car is pre-moded with a RSD intake, and battery relocator.

For the following tools/stuff
I used are:
WD40, Brake fluid, Pliers, Ratchet, Extension, 10 mm socket, 12 mm socket, adjustable wrench, 17 mm wrench and 10 mm special wrench (C shape for a full grip). Also I purchased a One Man Brake Bleeder Kit (Which I dont recommend)
I have rear Speed Bleeders are the best (which I haven't tried)
20140717_175735.jpg 1405623802965.jpg
Since I have an RSD and a battery relocation, in the picture below, I have circled in RED the bolts I have to loosen/removed. Intake i used a flat head screw driver. On the battery part, all bolts are 10 mm.

20140717_141811.jpg

Picture below, there are two ways you can do this.
First way, which is my way, I loosen the ones circled in RED. Then removed the bolt circle in YELLOW

Second way, which I found difficult to do is the one circled in GREEN and the circle to the RIGHT. Then removed the bolt circle in YELLOW.

After removing the nut circle in YELLOW, completely remove that were loosened. Pull out the clutch line.
Once removed, it is basically just a reverse procedure to install the new one.

20140717_151113.jpg

In this pic, I returned the left part of the clutch line.
20140717_155257.jpg

Here is the rubber part of the clutch line. Noticed the right part? I removed it because I will be attaching it to the new clutch line.
20140717_175637.jpg

**I forgot to take a pic on how to remove the clip. But it is the opposite of this picture. I just used a flat head and hammered it off.

Now in this pic, I reused the this metal part with the new clutch line and reused the clip to lock it in.
20140717_155903.jpg

In the circled RED, is the new P2R clutch line. In the circled YELLOW, I got rid of the metal piece. The reused metal piece is on the other end of the clutch line (right end).
20140717_161716.jpg

And DONT FORGET to bleed your clutch line. The circled YELLOW is the clutch nipple. Yes I said nipple because thats where the fluid squirts. You can say penis but that makes me uncomfortable. You used a 8mm wrench here. Like I mentioned in the beginning, you can use the ONE MAN BLEEDER or get yourself a SPEED BLEEDER.

20140717_163700.jpg

THANK YOU! I hope this helps. Any questions, just ask.
There are other DIY out there thats probably way better than mine.
Also i would like to thank P2R for their awesome product and service.

Nice DIY! The pics on any DIYs will be backed up and the sizes will change so you shouldn't worry about fixing them.

Back