P2R throttle body spacer for R18

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hello guys,

Despite Procivic, where can I get the P2R throttle body spacer for R18? I checked a few places by using Google but the results are more relevant to P2R for Si.

Thanks,

Tak

@Nix @webby

I don't seem to see where I can buy the gasket for TBS. Does the one on ProCivic include it as default?

Do you guys know if there is a direct issue with using Takeda short ram cai?
I'll ask the body shop to install the cai and tbs and don't want to deal with questions they may ask though.

Thank you again

Gasket is provided. I've seen 3 or 4 threads on that spacer where they had imid warning issues. The intake doesn't matter.

It comes with one thermal gasket that you need to notch. Reuse the original or buy a new "O-ring" type gasket for the other side.

This image shows the throttle body (top) apart from the intake manifold (bottom): You can also see the 4 bolts, labelled "4", which get replaced with longer ones that come with the spacer.

fc811c8cd49ee03f9917e7808082368a.gif

See the flat rubber band looking thing in between the bottom part (intake manifold) and the throttle body? Thats the OEM gasket. It's probably in fine shape to reuse. The spacer goes in-between there and the thermal gasket between the throttle body and the spacer.

Correct order is throttle body, thermal gasket, spacer, O-ring gasket.

Here is a look at the notch you need to make in the thermal gasket to avoid the gas cap leak message: This is the back side of the throttle body. You do not need to remove the whole thing to install the spacer. Just carefully remove the OEM bolts and slide the spacer and gasket in place.

IMG_0327_zps74d53626.jpg

The notch needs to allow the port and the TB notch to "breathe"

IMG_0326_zps72045ef8.jpg

Back