Paint for headlights?

SpaceJam

Alberta, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Just wondering what is recommended for painting the headlight housing when doing a retrofit. Don't want any flaking or bubbling going on after I seal it up. I have some Rust-oleum high heat BBQ paint that doesn't need primer that I was going to use

IMG_1017.JPG

f299b2c9abeb81b7001322b992eef606.jpg

36914c8ddfe9f4ca2467692be6183879.jpg

6ce0f83f35f88611fd6963419ae53393.jpg

Let the clear corner/bumper enhancement project begin! Wife is outta town for about a week. I'll post more pics when I get more done...prolly tomorrow night some time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Might be a good time to splurge on a jack and jack stands. Pay cash and tell the wifey you had them for years, lol

Might be a good time to splurge on a jack and jack stands. Pay cash and tell the wifey you had them for years, lol
Also true. Not too often I get under the car without my ramps. Just looked at the car lsst night and decided to go for it. Got the front.bumper off without the jack. Realized I had left part of the factory intake piping in place, so had to jack up to get that out from the bottom.

Haha does that come from your own experience of buying things for your vehicles?

Nah, I don't have anyone I need to explain my purchases to. But you know, you always hear about women doing this so why not dudes doing the same thing?

:giggle:

Nah, I don't have anyone I need to explain my purchases to. But you know, you always hear about women doing this so why not dudes doing the same thing?

:giggle:

Haha fair enough. As far as my girlfriend knows everything I've done with my car has been a deal or on sale :D

82ad6ffc482fba210ed01040f64e60e9.jpg

c6d80b9af5728145a8582e5fb1b5f439.jpg

41ef1b1f0080a1210afdfa5a4f024449.jpg

Back in the car!

8ff89243699cecd6f0a559e3ff68ce79.jpg

Picked up these Hella bulbs for the high beams as well.

c7fead26fff95c8edd7edc7844f7beff.jpg

Everything buttoned back up. Decided against painting the chrome. Probably just do a vinyl wrap when I find something that catches my eye... I was a lil nervous going into this project, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I imagined. I really need to drop this thing, lol

So, after seeing the high beams at night, love how they look.....but there's a problem. When I fully lock in the passenger side bulb, it's shining higher than the driver side. The low beams are both shining at the same height. How do I fix this? Don't wanna break any bulbs or anything. Is there a way to adjust only the high beam on one side?

It's likely one side being completely seated flat, and one side isn't seated 100% flat. Double check how the bulbs are seated into the housing. If they're both seated properly, how are the low beams? It's likely one headlight was slightly adjusted higher. There is a screw on the back of the headlight housing that lets you move the beam up/down.

It gets out of whack when fully seated. The low beams are both good. Problem with with bulb alignment in housing (it's own, not the headlight)? Never seen this before, but ill check it out again during daylight, thanks @ webby

are they oem bulbs? If not, can you verify it with an oem bulb being aligned alright?

No, it's the 9005 hella bulbs. They seemed fine when I pulled them out, nothing obvious anyways. I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks again

Back