Pairing iPhone 5

Tested just now, doesn't work. iPhone 5 Verizon fully updated, 2012 Si

However I tried the "answer" button on the steering wheel also and discovered holding it does a redial

I just tried in my Cdn Si and it doesn't work either with my iPhone 5. It behaves the same as yours.

Just tried on my 2013 Hybrid with Navi and it brings up Hondas voice control, not Siri. It would have been nice though.

i think you guys are trying it wrong. you need to press the square, then you can lock your phone when siri is on, the voice command button on the wheel is what im talking about but you need to lock your iphone. then you can talk through siri and keep it on.

Not really following you AlienPrime. What is your setup? Are you connected through Bluetooth or USB? What "square" button are you referring to? The home button on the iPhone?

Edit: Tagged AP

Last edited:
i think you guys are trying it wrong. you need to press the square, then you can lock your phone when siri is on, the voice command button on the wheel is what im talking about but you need to lock your iphone. then you can talk through siri and keep it on.
Do you have to do this every time you get in the car?

If I am getting this right, you are saying?:
  1. Hold iPhone home button (rounded square) while screen locked or unlocked, siri comes on through the hands free (already knew this, and can confirm that this works)
  2. Press steering wheel voice button to end Siri interaction?
  3. Press steering wheel voice button again to re-engage Siri?

I'd like to see the video. What I said didnt work either. I was able to cancel Siri with the voice button though after engaging Siri with the iphone home button

Yeh def need a video.Also I have a 12 ex coupe no navi and the only time i get name and titles on the imid is when i connect my iphone 5 through the usb connection not bluetooth. Does tagging only work through bluetooth on the 2013 civics? I can't see why a software update would'nt fix this.

Do you have to do this every time you get in the car?

If I am getting this right, you are saying?:
  1. Hold iPhone home button (rounded square) while screen locked or unlocked, siri comes on through the hands free (already knew this, and can confirm that this works)
  2. Press steering wheel voice button to end Siri interaction?
  3. Press steering wheel voice button again to re-engage Siri?
yeah exactly. and sorry for confusion. I can make a video with something. its very simple. i thin k once siri is open you can just keep pressing the talk button to open and close her.

yeah phone calls work great, and siri works with the voice button on steering wheel, and all the text messages read themselves.. just music down't play and songs wont show if music plays somehow (which it has randomly at time) like 15 minutes into a drive... lol

Wait a minute... did you say that Siri works with the voice button on the steering wheel? How did you do that?

Thanks,
G

Back