PIAA 9006 Not Fitting

Flamethrower

Worcester, MA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe
OK so I got my PIAA 9006 bulbs in the mail today. Excited. Went out to me Civic, popped the hood and removed the easy bulb first (passenger side). Took one of the PIAA's out and went to install it. Not fitting. Tried again. Not going in. Hmm am I doing something wrong? Nope inside the fitting of the original bulb there are 2 slots that line up with the housing. On the PIAA's there is only one. Now I read somewhere that someone just switched bulbs in the housing. I gently pulled to see if it would move and no can do. I'm not risking breaking one of these bulbs. My only solution is to file down the center piece of the PIAA bulbs and then it would allow to fit. I have attached photos describing what I have been rambling about. Any other suggestions?http://www.***************/forum/attachments/appearance-body-modifications/5319d1335551641-piaa-headlight-hb4-9006-piaa-ion-crystal-fogs-h11-img_0035%5B1%5D.jpg
http://www.***************/forum/attachments/appearance-body-modifications/5320d1335551671-piaa-headlight-hb4-9006-piaa-ion-crystal-fogs-h11-img_0036%5B1%5D.jpg
http://www.***************/forum/attachments/appearance-body-modifications/5321d1335551690-piaa-headlight-hb4-9006-piaa-ion-crystal-fogs-h11-img_0037%5B1%5D.jpg

Sorry to hear. I think you already know what to do.
Personally, I'd return them. You could file down the plastic, I guess with a Dremel or something, but the problem with filing them down is that what if something else doesn't fit right causing it to not fit at all? Once you've filed it down, you can't return it.
Where did you purchase them?

That looks like a 9005. I know cuz I retrofitted my 9006 silverstar to fit a 9005 plug. Lol. Check the back label of the bulb and it will tell you what type it is.

High beams or Low beams? Did you see if it fits in the other beam slot? Maybe they just sent the wrong one?

High beams are 9005

Low are 9006

Correct me if Im wrong.

which bulbs are you trying to change? the lowbeams are 9006, but the high beams are 9005. the bulb and connector your pulled out are for the high beams, which is why the new bulbs don't fit.

3bulb3.jpg

High beams or Low beams? Did you see if it fits in the other beam slot? Maybe they just sent the wrong one?

High beams are 9005

Low are 9006

Correct me if Im wrong.

aaaannnnndddd he beat me to it...

Reactions: Nix
as they've said ^^ the 9005 is the high beam bulb. You need the low beam

headlight:
Low:HB4 which is 9006
High:HB3 which is 9005

I will look today. That does make sense. I just grabbed the first one I saw. Lol. I appreciate all the help. Keep you posted if I'm a total tool.

So I did have a chance to go home and take another look under the hood. It didn't even dawn on me to look for a second bulb. I did find the low beam ones (9006) and was able to replace them. My hands are now sore as hell. It was not fun. Definetly took some contortionism on my part. When I get out to break tonight, I will see how they look in the dark for the first time. I'm hoping nice. Thanks for all the feedback, it really helped.

The 9006 are pretty hard to replace b/c there's really no room to get your hands behind the headlights, unless you remove the front bumper.

Not at all. It is tough but manageable. I have fairly large hands too. Drivers side is the easier of the two. You just need to unclip that plastic housing next to the battery and your hand fits right in. The passenger I unclipped the winshield washer contanier and wedged it to the front. You do have to bend your hand in awkward ways to get a the bulb but once you get it, it's just removing the light and installing the new one. All said and done, maybe a 10 minute job. I just took a drive and I can say with 100% honesty, they are brighter, cleaner and look nicer than the stock lights. I'm very pleased with them.

glad you got it sorted out. Any chance for some pics of how they look?

When I go out on my second break tonight, I will try and get a few. Can't guarentee anything good with the iphone 4. :)

So I got time to take a few pics. I guess it's true that the iPhone takes terrible pics at night. These aren't the greatest. The interior has the blue led lights. I think it looks so nice at night.
And apparently there is a ghost car on top of mine. lol.

interior.jpglightsfront.jpglightsside.jpglightsside1.jpg

Sweet. Thanks for the post. I'm still on the fence about Really good halogens or just biting the bullet and converting to Xenon...

Have had the PIAA's for a while now. They are really nice. Way brighter than the stock and not too bright to blind other drivers. I really like them. Worth the money if you don't want to invest in the HID's yet.

If I could just piggy back on this thread for my first post...

I am having trouble installing some PIAA xtreme white bulbs into my 2013 Civic. I'm most definitely installing the correct size bulb into the correct low beam socket. The problem seems to be that the bulb has more black plastic on the housing which prevents it from going into the housing enough to turn/lock.

Has anybody experienced this? Should I make my own thread? Wasn't sure since it was pretty similar issue.

Back