PIAA FTW!

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys if you didn't know already I have a built thread you can check out for the rest of my other mods located HERE

I just wanted to give my review on PIAA halogen bulbs.I purchased these from amazon.com and purchase the 9005 (high beam) and 9006 (low beam). Going from stock HID on my BMW I didn't like halogen and felt it was dangerous people I couldn't see anything. I wanted to get something better but didn't want to retrofit as i want to keep the car as OEM as possible. I feel I made the best choice (only time will tell with how long they last)

Installation was as easy as can be since these are true plug in play since they are simply bulb replacement. The high beam has a clear blue tint to it and the low beam was a bit more blue with what seemed like painted blue tip.

What I love about it:
Bulb replacement and no cutting, splicing, baking, battery attaching, relay,
DOT approved
NOT blue or bluish light output
Farther lighting
TRUE 4000k white color
No hot spots or visible beam pattern on the floor
Great distribution of light
1 year warranty
Don't blind or create glare to on coming traffic
High beam is nice bright white output
While in DRL, they are maybe 5% whiter then halogen (keeping it DOT)

Concern:
Length of time it will last
Cost is a bit high (60 for low and 70 for high) add tax
If fogs weren't also $70 I would consider buying their xtreme white fogs. (currently have Nokya yellow and they are great!)

Would love:
If they last 2 years, i would NOT mind buying these every two years

Final thoughts:
These bulbs might now be for everyone. There is nothing agains HID kits or LEDs. I feel this is perfect for the people that want to keep their car OEM as possible or at least little car altering modifications as possible.
1 thing you need to understand. If you think you will be getting HID like or almost similar results you will be disappointed. These are not the brighting of a HID system on a halogen housing. Meaning they will not create a strong bright white light in front of your car and then start fading off as you get farther and farther.

These are true 4000k lighting output. And it will provide that with equal lighting from in front all through out its final lighting area. Nice distribution. Also these are light having your stock halogens with 90% more white color to them, that lights up farther, and 40% brighter. Thats what I can sum it up to. When you combine the color and brightness and length, you get something that you feel right about. All from a bulb.

Anyway any questions feel free to ask here are some pics.

Near the end I took pictures with my fogs on as well so you can see the night wide lighting of the civic and how it would look if you drive with lows and fogs on.

Also the really bright ones display the high beams being on.

**Being I am using these bulbs now, i put my XenonDepot LED headlight kit for sale on the classified section. If LED is your preference, PM me if you want to purchase mine.**

IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0057.JPG IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0060.JPG

Last edited:
Most say, I like the results.....
Some questions, do these get any hotter than oem, and/or do you think these could get hot enough to be a deficit to the plastic head-light lins?
Also which bulb would be used for the fog light placement, and if it is to hot there as well?

I haven't had to change any of my stock bulbs yet(35,000k/3 years), why do you think these might not last long? Generate too much heat?

Also, I'm wanting to install the fog system, due to not having good side lighting when on low beam....... Dumb..... why do we need side light on high... Du........

Looks like great output from your shots. Thanks for doing a writeup

Tinted aftermarket bulbs have a track record of not lasting long. I know I tried a handful of mainstream brands and had some go in 6 months. That's been a while back though, and I've never tried the Piaa ones. All of mine were installed without touching the bulbs, so it cannot be blamed on hand/oil contact.

I guess I'll stay with stock bulbs, I'm not as interested in forward lighting as much as needing low beam width. So, I'll be looking into getting the fog light kit installed.

Question in order for the fogs to be on with the low beam, and to work normally from my light stalk, I assume a new light stalk is required with the kit? Is there a link for the kit that has "all" the parts needed?

I guess I'll stay with stock bulbs, I'm not as interested in forward lighting as much as needing low beam width. So, I'll be looking into getting the fog light kit installed.

Question in order for the fogs to be on with the low beam, and to work normally from my light stalk, I assume a new light stalk is required with the kit? Is there a link for the kit that has "all" the parts needed?
They're just halogen bulbs. If you have a foglights on your car, it's just matter of popping the old bulbs out and putting these in their place. No other changes.

They're just halogen bulbs. If you have a foglights on your car, it's just matter of popping the old bulbs out and putting these in their place. No other changes.

I'm referring to getting the fog light system, I'm running the black plastic filler plates/panels that came with my car, no lights.
So I'd be needing all the parts someone would need never having the fog system that comes with the car. I was looking at CHH and they have a kit, which includes the light stoke for the FL feature. I was hoping to get it confirmed before ordering.
As far as the bulbs I'll probably get the PIAA halogen bulbs for the fog light port, just don't want to be going into my head light assembly every 6 months or so.... Too much work.

P/N 08V31-TS8-100B (without automatic lights)

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2012/2dr/foglights.pdf

Hey everyone,

Just picked up my 2015 Civic Si two weeks ago and so far loving it. I recently installed the PIAA Xtreme White Plus low beams and I just noticed that the passenger side is higher than the driver's side. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 11638051_10100311935576607_1979646267_n.jpg
    11638051_10100311935576607_1979646267_n.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 33
  • 11651347_10100311935546667_1378560582_n.jpg
    11651347_10100311935546667_1378560582_n.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 35
No not normal. Check the bulb connection to the housing. Through the headlight you can see if it sits flush against the headlight housing or not. If there is a small gap, remove bulb and re install bulb. Also install bulb first THEN plug it into the car wiring. This is a bit common to happen.

hey can anyone help me please I just got my intense white PIAA lights in and I can’t get them to fit I know I’m doing the right bulb (which is the low by the way) and it’s the right bulb 9006 but the plastic housing won’t let me put it all the way in so I could it could lock in. And the plug looks different idk if that matters??

hey can anyone help me please I just got my intense white PIAA lights in and I can’t get them to fit I know I’m doing the right bulb (which is the low by the way) and it’s the right bulb 9006 but the plastic housing won’t let me put it all the way in so I could it could lock in. And the plug looks different idk if that matters??
What year is your civic and what model? Is it a coupe/sedan? Some use h11 bulbs and some use 9006 for the low beam. That may be your issue

What year is your civic and what model? Is it a coupe/sedan? Some use h11 bulbs and some use 9006 for the low beam. That may be your issue
It’s a 2015 coupe bro do you think it’s h11 for the lows? I thought it was 9006 and 9005 for highs. I thought h11 was for the fogs correct em if I’m wrong please

2015 civic si coupe is h11 for low beams.
@XenonDepot has a nice guide on their site that lets you see what lights are used by each model/trim/year and for what part of the car.

http://www.xenondepot.com/cars-trucks-vans-lighting-by-year-s/2001.htm

@webby: Thanks for the plug!

Also, if you're ever not sure, you can try checking with your Owner's Manual to see the bulbs involved. There's also always the most accurate (but usually least-convenient) method - checking the bulbs that are currently installed in the vehicle. This can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, but it's the best source of information.

Many vehicles also have the bulb type for the headlights written/etched on the front of the lens as well, so you can check the front of your vehicle, too.

~Robert

Back