Picking my poison! Opinions Needed!

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
As some of you may know I have already placed my order for my cte supercharger...and it's basically a waiting game until mid March. I actually have a friend with a 9th gen that bought a brand new prl stage 2 turbo kit he was going to install this summer but is now looking to buy his first house and wants to sell me the kit for 3,500...now really the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the install. It's something I think I can tackle but still haven't done a turbo kit in awhile soo idk. Am I getting a great deal? Would you guys go for it?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

If you know the person and its legit, that'd be a great deal.

If your getting a great deal you could get a shop to install?

Did you pick SC over Turbo initially for a reason though?
Well yes because how easy it was to install and the turbo just being a straight pita. But what gets me about the turbo is in the future I can build the motor and crank the boost up for more power and the suoercharger don't get me wrong will be stupid fast and easy to install and not to mention it looks better in the bay but 3,500 for a full prl turbo kit is a good deal I think ...enough to switch over. Idk tho need everyone's opinion and what you guys would do.

I spent almost that on a B20 turbo build I did a few years ago. $3500 with a precision turbo? That is incredible. The turbo alone is like $1500 lol

What are your reasons for going turbo instead ?

Power potential. No dealing with pulleys and belts. Challenge of install. Seems like the vast majority have gone with a supercharger and I figured I would do something different. Plus, I don't want to be accused of copying @323.

There is a video on youtube turbocharged 9th Si only pushing 350WHP it goes like a stink white 4 door. The only think I would do is get Garrett turbo and bigger. The one in your picture is baby fist size.

Power potential. No dealing with pulleys and belts. Challenge of install. Seems like the vast majority have gone with a supercharger and I figured I would do something different. Plus, I don't want to be accused of copying @323.
I'm all about racing in the 1/4. Wouldn't a supercharger be better for that kind of racing instead of turbo since it's instant power with the blower ?

There is a video on youtube turbocharged 9th Si only pushing 350WHP it goes like a stink white 4 door. The only think I would do is get Garrett turbo and bigger. The one in your picture is baby fist size.
It's bigger then a t3/t4. Big enough for me. Not trying to blow the motor lol

Don't worry about blowing the motor... Precision uses parts from Garrett, go on EVO forums plenty of people use GT turbos for their builds. Do it the right way from beginning.

I'm all about racing in the 1/4. Wouldn't a supercharger be better for that kind of racing instead of turbo since it's instant power with the blower ?

I have no experience when it comes to this, but I would think that is all going to depend on the power/torque curve of each. With the SC it is a linear increase. With the turbo, once it is there it is there and it is a lot.

Don't worry about blowing the motor... Precision uses parts from Garrett, go on EVO forums plenty of people use GT turbos for their builds. Do it the right way from beginning.
Right but I'll be running no more then 8 pounds. 400whp perfect for me. The most I seen on a blower was vits 365

Back