Pinstripes on cars...

aznboi606

Atlanta, GA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I need an advice on how to remove the ugly pinstripes that dealers put on the side of cars. What is the easiest and safest way to remove pinstripes without damaging the paint??

Hopefully it's not painted on, cause if it is wet sanding is the only way to remove it

If I remember correctly the dealership removed Robert's also (from his '07)
They were doing some work on the paint (from all the acid rain spots)...they were about to put them back on and he was like "NOoooooOOOOoo00000ooooOOOoooooooo!!!!"

they were about to put them back on and he was like "NOoooooOOOOoo00000ooooOOOoooooooo!!!!"

MDRw2.gif

They're kinda "cute" at first. Then they start to chip off. After that you remove them and you think "Wow, it looks really clean, why didn't I do this sooner?" :giggle:

Ok I removed my pinstripes (finally lol) but I have some glue residue that didnt come off :/ I tried to remove it with wax but no luck... Anyone know how to remove this stuff? Its driving me crazy! It looks like scratches on the car :(

Try some automotive bug / tar remover. It is made for the sticky stuff and safe for the paint and clear coat. Goo gone is another alternative but some people say it attacks the clear coat, in which case you need to repair that.

Back