Pioneer headunit recommendation

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys. So I have a 2014 civic EXL with Nav. It comes with Sirius radio. I also get HD radio on AM and FM. My wife has a 2013 Civic EXL without nav (honestly i use waze and google maps way more than my built in nav).

She mentioned my sound system sounds so much better than hers and she would like to have HD. I thought it was the speakers, but she mentioned when she played music from her iPhone, it sounds just like mine. Crisp clear. She would like to have HD radio more than anything else and the option for Sirius would not be bad, but navigation is not necessary.

I was looking at Pioneer. That is the preference.
AVH-X3800BHS
AVH-X5800BHS (because it has Siri integration)
AVH-4100NEX (Apple CarPlay Compatible)

Does anyone have any experience with these? Also, Her question is, will her steering wheel controller still work for picking up calls/hanging up?

Any advise would be great. I'm looking to pick one of them up from amazon soon and look for a audio installer in NJ to put them in. Maybe SoundWaves?

I have an AVIC 6000 NEX that I've had in two cars now (an STI and a Fit) and it's a great little device with way more options than I'll ever need. Go with the 4100NEX if you already haven't and don't look back.

Thanks for the advice. As it turns out, I purchased one, returned it after it didn't work the following days. Then I turned in the lease and purchased my wife a MDX. Problem solved!

Back