Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I tried but not sure how to pull off the batt cover and I don't want to break it, :pat:

^ go into settings, wifi - and on "ask to join networks" - make that say "no", if you don't want wifi notifications coming up. If you have a wifi network setup in your thing, it'll connect to that when you're near that wifi. It won't try to connect to other locations unless you add them in. (I think that's what you're saying you want?) - for no popups asking to connect to another wifi?
I mean I want a popup for when I finally get to a WiFi to turn off data such as the one that once I leave the WiFi location to turn data on.

Thank you sir....Had to get a female co-worker to pop of the back cover since I don't have long fingernails, lol.

Removed the batt and put it back in, seems to work fine now....batt at 40% now.

Glad I could be of assistance! :bighug:

I'd charge it back up to 100% at work (if you have a charger) and then unplug it and see if you have any more issues.

Yeah....going to borrow a different co-workers charger since I brought home the other charger I have since I didn't use it/think I would need it since the batt. life is good for the day.

Yeah....going to borrow a different co-workers charger since I brought home the other charger I have since I didn't use it/think I would need it since the batt. life is good for the day.

Oh gotcha. That's good a co-worker has a charger for you to borrow.

I'm weird about the battery life on my cell phone... I unplug it around 6:45am (today that's when I unplugged it) and I don't use it that much. I'm on my work PC but I do some texting/FB (since work blocks FB) and some email throughout the morning and by 1pm when I take a lunch the battery is around 60% (maybe 70%) so what I do is charge the phone around 2pm (or so) and have a full battery when I leave work and head to the gym since I use my Droid for Pandora while working out at the gym.. I'm afraid that if I don't charge it around lunch time it will die either at the gym or before I get home... I do have a car charger but I don't think about that..

I'm sure it's not good to charge the battery when it's not even half empty.. :/

Currently it's at 80% battery life left at 11:11am. (I haven't used it much this morning tho)

I mean I want a popup for when I finally get to a WiFi to turn off data such as the one that once I leave the WiFi location to turn data on.
if you want notifications for every wifi - turn that setting to ON. If you don't want wifi notifications for every wifi signal, turn it off. It'll still connect to wifi, when you are near a known wifi spot you have used.

I stick to 4G since wifi seems to kill the battery since it is always seraching for something. 21 days into my month and only used .66 of a gig out of a 2 gig plan.

Is there a way to have the ringer and alerts sounds at different volumes?

Also, custom ringtones? :scratches:

ringtones from a song - walkthrough
http://tips.artoftheiphone.com/2009/01/19/how-to-create-an-iphone-ringtone-using-itunes/

really, any sound clip saved as a .m4r extention can be dumped into the phone and made into a ringtone. There are sites that will create tones as well -http://audiko.net/
ringer and alerts at different volume -

no real volume adjustment for alerts per say. You can go into settings / sounds / and you can alter the noise/alert for texts & other options. You can remove the noise for individual alerts if you don't want the noise for mail and such in there by clicking it to "off" in that menu

I stick to 4G since wifi seems to kill the battery since it is always seraching for something. 21 days into my month and only used .66 of a gig out of a 2 gig plan.

That's not bad.

For me (3G since I don't have a 4G phone yet) 0.267GB of Unlimited - Day 15 of 30

I think I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic Touch 4G) for Christmas :excited:

Nice! Do eeet! :bighug: :dance:

I'm thinking really hard about getting the Droid Bionic.. Was thinking maybe to go tonight and get it.. I hate spending $$$$$ argh :mad:

ringtones from a song - walkthrough
http://tips.artoftheiphone.com/2009/01/19/how-to-create-an-iphone-ringtone-using-itunes/

really, any sound clip saved as a .m4r extention can be dumped into the phone and made into a ringtone. There are sites that will create tones as well -http://audiko.net/
ringer and alerts at different volume -

no real volume adjustment for alerts per say. You can go into settings / sounds / and you can alter the noise/alert for texts & other options. You can remove the noise for individual alerts if you don't want the noise for mail and such in there by clicking it to "off" in that menu
Define dump. The alert I'm most concerned with texting. But the ringtone and texting alert are the same volume. :sadbanana:

Define dump. The alert I'm most concerned with texting. But the ringtone and texting alert are the same volume. :sadbanana:
"dumped" - taken into itunes / and synced as shown in the diy. You could make or find a louder/quieter alert for your needs.

Back