Price For The UAE 2012 Civic Clear Projector Headlights

team3d

Los Angeles
okay, my friend finally confirm he can help me order the uae version headlight (clear signal with projector) from local honda dealership in dubai.

the price is $240 each side + shipping

usdm stock headlight msrp @ $300.68 each, so i think the projectors are better deal

2012-Honda-Civic-450x330.jpg

uaecivic.jpg

I would go aftermarket HID retrofit for that price. You'd gain HID headlights, and it can still look 100% OEM

I would go aftermarket HID retrofit for that price. You'd gain HID headlights, and it can still look 100% OEM

hmm.... you can buy a pair of geniune stock projector and install a h1 hid kit and when you sell your civic, you can put it back to stock and resell the projectors on ebay

But it is UAE hotness Yo!
I don't know...I think I would actually go with the UAE stuff, depending on shipping costs. Also, would depend on how clean the retrofit comes out. I remember the first OEM look retros had gaps where the shroud met up with the reflector housing. not sure how clean it looks now with the special new shrouds from Customlightz.

But you'd Only have halogen projectors. If you wanted hid, you'd have the expense of bulbs, ballasts, wiring, etc on top of the headlight cost

Which would be about the same if you wanted to upgrade into a full retro from a stock car and keep your stock headlight. I guess it just comes down to preferance.

yes, it's all preference.... my preference is keeping my stock parts stock.... i didn't pay $3000 for my civic and after i saw the price people pay on a clean si vs. suped up si ( almost $3000 difference on ebay) i will make sure when i sell my car, there is no trace of modification to maximize my cars value !

average 06-08 civic si with ugly rims, painted tail lights, exhausts, basic mods go for $12000-15000
average 06-08 civic si that is bone stock can fetch between $14000-16000

on another thought, there are quite a few people willing to swap out retrofitted HID headlights + money, for the buyers stock headlights. There are always people looking to pick up retrofit headlights for sale. I've seen people pay $500+ USD for a retrofit, and then the buyer ships the seller their stock headlights. That may be when they want to sell the car, go back to stock, or of if they just want to have another set of HID's made with different projectors/parts. There is nothing stopping a person from going back to stock after getting a retrofit.

you have hid bulbs/ballasts you're willing to do tests with? I'd like to see the cutoff on those with hid bulbs against a wall.

I got your post mixed up with another member who was looking at testing the projectors -

well the hid models have the self adjusting **** in it. I rather get the normal projectors with halogens and then just a hid kit. trying to get the self adjusting ones to work on american civic just sounds like a pain in the *** because now you need sensors that are located near the front and rear suspension. Don't forget our american civic isnt pre wired for that so good luck figuring that **** out

so did you get the ballasts/wire harness/sensors ... or what all did you get?

i just order the housing, i don't need anything else, i can get d2s bulbs + 9006 hid kit on ebay for dirt cheap...

i also believe the headlights i'm getting is not self-adjusting, because it's only cost little more than the halogen.. self-adjusting headlight will cost at least $1000 a set (housing only)

i just order the housing, i don't need anything else, i can get d2s bulbs + 9006 hid kit on ebay for dirt cheap...
I was wondering if you knew when you'd get bulbs/ballasts to install them and see how they look?

they are sending it out today, should be here within 7 days via ups air cargo.... i am pretty sure it's gonna be nice... this is stock type-s hid headlight from asia with no dot regulation so it's going to be super bright.....

I'm sure it'll be bright... I want to see how the light cutoff looks with them. Like this below

s2000.jpg

Back