PRL Motorsports Turbo Kit

redsfan

Another turbo kit option for us. :rockwoot:

292844_521417151220828_2123838425_n.jpg

Kit Includes:

PRL Motorsports Billet turbo manifold
Precision Turbo and Engine PT5858 CEA journal bearing turbo standard; featuring billet compressor wheel w/ ported S cover (4.0″in/2.5″ out), CEA turbine wheel, T3 inlet / Vband outlet .82AR turbine housing
Precision Turbo and Engine 46mm wastegate
PRL Motorsports 3.00″ downpipe w/ flex section (bolts to OE or any OE like fitment exhausts)
PRL Motorsports dump tube
PRL Motorsports intercooler (Garrett core, PRL Motorsports custom billet endtanks)
PRL Motorspots intercooler mount bar (crash beam replacement)
PRL Motorsports intercooler piping
Tial Q BOV 50mm
PRL Motorsports intake pipe w/ K&N filter
PRL Motorspots 4 ply silicone couplers
PRL Motorsports Oil feed & return lines and hardware
All necessary t-bolt and hose clamps
Heat wrap and gold reflective foil
All other necessary hardware such as OBD1 style AIT w/ new plug, K&N breather filter, accessory relocation brackets, nuts, bolts, washers, vacuum line, zip ties, etc.

Added features and highlights about our kit:

- Billet Turbo manifold design
- All exhaust tubing/pipe is 304 stainless
- Kit uses the same bumper beam and Intercooler as the 8th gen
- All IC and intake tubing is 6061 aluminum
- All PRL Motorsports machining and welding done in house
- Stock battery fits in the OEM location, no need to relocate or use the tiny batteries that don’t last like other kits
- Fog lights fit with minor trimming
- Top side IC pipe routing prevents damage to piping (others kits under the oil pan routing) keeping the package more reliable and making that good power we all love.

Powder Coat Options:

- Standard matte black texture power coat or raw aluminum. Optional colors (+$100) of texture dark grey and light grey; Gloss black, white, dark blue, orange, safety yellow, ruby red are available.

Turbo Options:

Largest selection of turbos for ultimate diversity and flexibly while being able to retain the same hard parts.

Turbo options include journal bearing Precision PT5558 CEA through PT6266 CEA with T3 .63 or .82 A/R with V-Band discharge turbine housing at no charge. For additional fee you can upgrade to ball bearing and for the guys wanting to push the limits the ever so powerful PT6466 CEA or PT6766 CEA are also avaiable!!

Standard kits ship within 1-2 days. Garrett turbo and other turbo options ship within 1-2 weeks.

All the info above came from there website & the picture from there facebook page..

interesting... looks like they just released their 8th gen kit like a week ago as well.

Yea I saw that too. I'm really liking how complete this kit is & the options too.

0CB2C4E0-FBF5-4FA7-B29C-56FE0F779A4F-172-00000006EC623CD2.jpg

Not really sure why Full-Race says we must swap to an RBC mani to be able to use the already available ID1000s. Hmmmm..

Here was the comment:
YES our kit will work with stock plastic intake manifold... however there are no good quality fuel injectors that will fit the stock plastic intake mani - thats why its recommended to use RBC. In addition it is metal not plastic
Maybe the "brand" of 1000cc injector being used there fits, but F-R doesn't like that brand?

Maybe they can comment

On your facebook page, you have an rbc mani installed?? So the ID1000s work w/ the stock plastic mani?????

ahh, very good question. yes we have an RBC thrown on the car for mockup purposes in some pictures because we know there are people out there that are going to want to switch.
However, I assure you, the car is in the shop right now, with the stock plastic intake manifold with ID1000 injectors in the car. I'd love to say it takes some crazy engineering to make it work, but really it just took finding the right parts to make it work. So, yes, they DO work with the plastic manifold. Thats why we're going to push it to the limit and see what it can hold. The composite intakes though are usually quite strong and usually hold up quite well. If for some reason it explodes at low boost levels, we have piping ready to go that fits the RBC manifold as well, but hey, why upgrade if you don't have to. it's just more unnecessary expenses for the customer.

I asked em this on the other... :nervous:

redsfan,

thanks for posting this up.

all i meant by it took "parts" to make it work was that the way that ID's or any Bosch EV14 style injector comes, they do not drop right into the manifold. we had to find the proper seals to make them work. It's actually not much different than how you'd fit ID injectors into a stock B Series Intake manifold.

the great part is that we actually have a car here, that the owner bought solely for developing these parts, so we'll know what works and what doesn't work and not just preach something to make a sale.

This is awesome, I think a company that tries to provide value by showing its customers they don't absolutely NEED the intake is awesome. To me, PRL definitely has their customer's best interest in mind IMO. Excited to see more pictures.

not sure what that's supposed to mean. It took "parts"?

we actually contacted deatschwerks last week while we were putting the fuel pump in and our other sales guy didn't let me know until today that deatschwerks is planning on releasing drop in injectors that fit the stock manifold. we still plan to run the id's since they don't have a release date, and we are obviously a huge fan of the ID injectors.

Back