Prl rbc conversion

red13devil

Oklahoma
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
Has anyone try this and what the dyno result be instead of the oem rbc, and zxd throttle body?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@VitViper may have edyno info or input. I haven't seen anyone post a dyno on just this

The only real problem is the price. You'll be spending well over $1500 with the entire setup (adapter, skunk2 im, skunk2 tb, 3.5" cai, fuel injectors).

There was a comparison done on a K24 2006-2011 Si between the Skunk2 IM and a ported RBC. The Skunk2 was able to give the car more hp on the top end. But with the ported RBC, the car had a slightly higher mid-range hp. There's also a difference between tq gain. The car loses some mid range tq with the Skunk2 manifold. I'm not sure what throtlle body they used.

http://www.go-pwr.com/dyno-plots-power-adders/go-power-ported-rbc

Overall, the Skunk2 isn't worth the extra few hundred bucks.

After searching a lot if threads on 8thcivic I feel that the skunk2 manifold isn't worth it when you can get an RBC for $199 shipped anywhere in the states. Id also ditch the skunk2 throttle body and go Oem j37. It's bigger than skunk 2, cheaper, and Oem quality.

I had a similar argument with someone on 8thcivic fb page. I stated that a ported rbc w/ ZDX or J37 tb is better than the Skunk2 combo for the price to performance ratio. ($300+ difference). His response was "you gotta pay to play".

Because to him, the $300+ is worth the extra 3hp...

So j37 and 8th gen rbc is the best whp rout??
Also you would have to port the rbc, it's actually very easy I just ported mine. If you decide to go this route I can give you a list of tools to make it go very easy for you. Or you can pay someone to port it but idk what that would cost.

Idk. For the total price of tools for porting, you can use them for the porting job. Lol.

For someone that doesn't have any tools I'd guess around $150-$200 to get everything. I already had some stuff and I spend around $100 and that's including a very expensive carbide burr bit.

ill be selling this full setup soon. rbc manifold, p2r ported runner, rdx injectors, zdx throttle body w/ spacer, and all the extended bolts to bolt it on. pm me if youd be interested

ill be selling this full setup soon. rbc manifold, p2r ported runner, rdx injectors, zdx throttle body w/ spacer, and all the extended bolts to bolt it on. pm me if youd be interested
You'll definitely get the quickest responses when you open up a fs thread here.

You'll definitely get the quickest responses when you open up a fs thread here.
ill get on that tomorrow. just gotta get pictures and everything. id do it now but we got flash flood warnings over in nh and i dont wanna get wet goin to my car :pat:

Back