PRL sri install

Brian Klimathianos

Orlando, Fl
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I bought a used sri off someone here on the forum and its for the stock tb and manifold, Ive fiddled with trying to fit it on for 4 hours on 2 different days, Ive tried moving the couplers in and out while moving the filter in and out but I can't get the sri to fit, the filter keeps hitting the master cylinder reservoir. Does anyone have a picture of their sri installed that can chime in on this and help me find a way to get it on :( really want this thing installed lol :(

Did you take the stock airbox support out? That should allow you to drop it down enough not touch the master cylinder reservoir.

For mine, the filter rests on the clutch cable brackets. Granted, I have an RBC and ZDX throttle body, though.

Mine fit just fine for the RBC, are you sure it wasn't for the RBC and whoever sold it lied? Either way, you can always take a saw and cut off some of either end to make it fit. That's what I did with the supercharger. Ghetto style

Yeah I removed that bracket as well cause it was in the way! And that's what's throwing me off the previous owner told me it was from the stock manifold, is the piping different for the rbc and stocker or is it just a reducing coupler? I just wanna be able to put this thing on :(

Attachments

• 20141125_215727.jpg
    20141125_215727.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 58
What tb do you have? I just installed mine last week but I have the zdx tb with stock manifold

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Show me a picture of your piping. Maybe you just need a bigger coupler to fit the tb
Yeah that's what I feel like it is too but I'll snap a picture of the entire set up when I get home, but I feel as the coupler for the front of the tb is too small. That's what it came with originally so I felt like it would be fine :(

Yea , all you need is a bigger coupler and you'll be straight. Do you have flashpro? You might need it cause prl piping and stock are different tubing size so you might get a CEL popping up
Just a longer one? Someone else mentioned to me the kit came with an angled radiator hose, and I do have that with the kit. I'm just not sure which way it goes on. Yeah I got flashpro!

I figured things out with axion industries help and this piping is from the rbc version of the kit lol. No more battles trying to get this on thank god. Now to try and find the stock manifold stuff or a cheap rbc swap lol

Or just take a hack saw (or cut off tool) and cut it to size. Honestly it's just a curved aluminum pipe, no harm in cutting an inch or 2 off to make it fit

Back