ProCivic projector matte black LED headlights

Anybody switched out the led strip with a brighter led strip? And is there any way to fix the cut off with hids with these projectors? I've read some of the comments saying they work better with halogen but I like the hids.

We have not switched out the LED strip, but if you read through this whole thread you'll find out more info about the halogen vs HID bulbs and the cut off. The HIDs work better in my opinion. There is a small amount of leeway you have to adjust the headlight assembly when installing them.

We have not switched out the LED strip, but if you read through this whole thread you'll find out more info about the halogen vs HID bulbs and the cut off. The HIDs work better in my opinion. There is a small amount of leeway you have to adjust the headlight assembly when installing them.
I looked all the way through it, didnt see anything about the led strip. I know its possible, ive seen it done. I just dont know what kind of led strip to go with, or how to do it. Hopefully somebody will see this and know! lol

I looked all the way through it, didnt see anything about the led strip. I know its possible, ive seen it done. I just dont know what kind of led strip to go with, or how to do it. Hopefully somebody will see this and know! lol
If you want a brighter strip I would recommend finding on you like or make your own with a youtube tutorial. There's a good tutorial about making your own halo eyes that could work for strip and retro fit it to your stock headlights. I plan on doing that with mine when I have some free time

Question for all of y'all running these Spec-D lights: Are the projector units okay with upgraded bulbs, or maybe even H1 LEDs? I Love the look of these, but have been leaning toward purchasing Anzo lights, when I saw how the light pattern from the Spec-Ds was spotty.

I'm NOT interested in installing HIDs, as I want to keep it KISS, and avoid extra harnesses, ballasts, etc.

The main issue with these lights is the beam pattern from the reflector bowl before the projector lenses. This is what causes a distorted beam.

This being said. It does not effect light output enough to cause concern in the city. If you are driving alot on the highway at night I would recommend a retrofit so you can see more in the ditches, ect.

The main issue with these lights is the beam pattern from the reflector bowl before the projector lenses. This is what causes a distorted beam.

This being said. It does not effect light output enough to cause concern in the city. If you are driving alot on the highway at night I would recommend a retrofit so you can see more in the ditches, ect.
Wondering if upgraded LED fogs would help with the shortcoming, for night diving on the highway...?

Fogs will help, but the output from the headlights isn't that bad. Fogs are pretty much only good for short range lighting. Use a 5000 to 6000k HID and youll see just fine

where did you connect those white and black wires to?

Those are the wires for the LED lights. We generally recommend wiring them into your parking lights (so they would come on at the same time your parking lights would).

Alternatively, you could also wire them to your low beams, so they only come on when your low beams do.

newbie to this.. what are the steps to wire them to the parking lights ?

would i need more tools or wire ?

2 t-taps for each headlight. Or splice it to where ever you're connecting them because t-taps aren't the greatest and may corrode at the connections over time

2 t-taps for each headlight. Or splice it to where ever you're connecting them because t-taps aren't the greatest and may corrode at the connections over time

Just to clarify, the "t-taps" he is referring to are the small little blue connectors that come with the headlights.

Basically, these LED lights just need power and ground connected to them, so that is why there are only 2 wires. All you are doing is connecting these 2 wires to a power and ground source from the car, but one that only is active when you want it to be (like low beams, parking lights, etc.).

eaa14bdfd1ebf9b8cb1c09ce95d38f8a.jpg
36e4e97b7679097b6584ab9b4e73b3cb.jpg
a5d7cc2c63940a13e386332870094c1b.jpg
abef2f2e76e1e9754baae84675469ac5.jpg

Not exactly sure what caused this or how, but this happened to my driver headlight about a month ago and about a week ago to my passenger headlight. Big pain, having to replace all the wiring and connectors on practically brand new headlights. Ive gone through two bulbs on both sides and have no idea why they keep getting burnt up like they are. Extremely unsatisfied with these headlights

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What on earth just happened there...man.

Assuming you did purchase these through us, email customercare@procivic.com and we'll help you figure out what is going on. Personally, whenever I do any electronics install, I always use a multi-meter to test current and voltage, since one small short can cause overheating issues like this. The short can come from wires not being connected properly, or part of the headlight wiring (or the bulb) could be defective as well. Sorry this happened to you!

Yes, that could definitely cause a short and overheating as well.
It happened to the first headlight within 2 weeks of them being installed. I havent seen any moisture built or anything in the headlight

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back