ProCivic projector matte black LED headlights

If you look at the plastic circle covers for the headlight there is a grooved circle that you can cut with a strong knife. The H1 connectors inside the Spec D headlights should be a direct connection to the wall plug part. You will probably have to keep the wall plug part inside the light housing with the other wires so it may be a tight fit. This is the best I could do for a picture for you since the headlights are already installed
2014-09-09 18.10.57.jpg

Okay. Thanks. I'm starting to get my head wrapped around this. Looks like I have to install the O rings to battery and ground after all even though it's a 35 Watt kit.
The wall plug prongs are a little bit big, but I should be able to pry the connectors open.
image.jpg

Making progress. A picture of the hole for future reference. I used a Dremmel drill to cut it out.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
If that's what the instructions say you should follow them :P
Haha Ya, I know it seems obvious, but the instructions had several set ups, one of which showed a set up not using those wires. Turns out that was the Volt kit and I have the Extreme kit.

Pictures for future reference.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully last question. The "wall plug" with the HID kit has a white and black wire. The Spec D lights have a blue and a black wire. Is it black to black and blue to white?

From what I remember the blue was ground and black was positive. Worst case scenario if they don't turn on then just switch the terminals

If your HID kit is 35W you don't need to wire to the battery. If it is a 55w HID kit you will.

As far as connecting the HID kit, you need to connect the factory wiring to the headlight assembly. 9006 male plug, connected to the black/ blue plug going into the headlight.

You will now need to cut the grooved circle out of the plastic part that covers where the bulb and wiring are on the headlight. This is where you plug the Spec D headlight H1 connectors to the "wall plug" looking part of the hit kit.

From here, that wall plug part should run to the ballast, then come out as 2 wires that turn into small connectors then connect to the light assembly. Put the wiring through the hard plastic back of the headlight assembly and pull the grommet through so it seals the hole so no moisture can get in. Connect the bulb to the housing and that should be it! Test that the HID bulbs work before installing the bumper. If they don't turn on, you may need to switch wires that connect to the wall plug looking piece. I think black is positive and blue is negative if I remember correctly from when I did mine. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else you need to trouble shoot!
So you think its safe to not use the wire harness with 35w??

The H1 connectors inside the Spec D headlights should be a direct connection to the wall plug part. You will probably have to keep the wall plug part inside the light housing with the other wires so it may be a tight fit.
You were right. There was no way to get that large plastic plug in that housing. Not even close to being enough room. I took it apart and wrapped the connections with electrical tape.

image.jpg image.jpg

So you think its safe to not use the wire harness with 35w??
If your HID does not have the extra wiring its fine. But if it comes included in the kit I would install it as it is included for a reason. Typically the 55w HIDs requires the battery hookup or it messes with the cars electrical. The 35W doesn't require it as it doesn't draw as much power but it will help with performance

You were right. There was no way to get that large plastic plug in that housing. Not even close to being enough room. I took it apart and wrapped the connections with electrical tape.

View attachment 40427 View attachment 40428

I'm glad it worked out! At least assuming it worked out lol. My HID kit had connectors like the ones that came with the headlight. Probably because they all came from @PRO Civic. Definitely helped with ease of install once you wrap your head around where all the wires connect! I cant compare the product quality as ive never made a purchase with XenonDepot but seeing that they specialize in this sort of thing, i would say they know what theyre doing!! However the application looks like it could be improved for use in the Spec D headlights with the reduced clearance.

I was in the same boat as you when I did mine and had to sit down and figure out where each wire connected and if it was right or not. :nervous: though in the end you will look back and say "I guess that makes sense" lol. Even though it seems like it could be so much simpler!! Can't wait to see the final product! You're going to love the headlights!!! HIDs and the LED bar are too damn sexy :bananasplit:

Last edited:
Parking lights happen to be my turn signal lights as well. Will the LED flicker too if I turn the turn signal lights on?

That would be a sight to see hahaha "is his headlight blinking..."

"Yup...."

No it should not blink. To my knowledge Honda always separates the blinker/turn signal function from the main parking lights power. This is how it was on the 8th Gen, and I doubt they changed it for the 9th. You should have a 3 pin connector going into your turn signal bulb. If you don't, then it's possible it will blink. You can post up a pic here if you're unsure.

I did this to my LED bar. Mind you I did this on purpose as i wanted them in sync with my switchbacks, so others may have wired it so that they are just on and don't blink. I think it looks awesome when they're in sync.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xHS3Kbezbw

Looks really cool. To be honest, I don't really like the new style signal lights that Mercedes, Lexus, etc. have when the headlight tuns off alternating with the signal. I like yours though because the headlight stays on.

I will probably need to change out the signal light to an LED in the future because it will be the only halogen bulb in the front. I'm going to leave it that way for now. I'm still waiting to get the LEDs and resistors for the DRL lights before I will install.

If your HID does not have the extra wiring its fine. But if it comes included in the kit I would install it as it is included for a reason. Typically the 55w HIDs requires the battery hookup or it messes with the cars electrical. The 35W doesn't require it as it doesn't draw as much power but it will help with performance
Uea i bought the harness but it did not make any sense to me.. I tjink they aent the wrong one.. There was no way it could work..

Looks really cool. To be honest, I don't really like the new style signal lights that Mercedes, Lexus, etc. have when the headlight tuns off alternating with the signal. I like yours though because the headlight stays on.

I will probably need to change out the signal light to an LED in the future because it will be the only halogen bulb in the front. I'm going to leave it that way for now. I'm still waiting to get the LEDs and resistors for the DRL lights before I will install.
I totally agree with you about the headlight turning off while signaling. They probably did that to improve visibility of the turn signal, but it's not necessary imo. Also switch backs are are awesome for the signals!!! Only thing I don't like is the SMD bulbs. I wish they were projected CREEs. Might have to upgrade those in the future. Plus it's not too hard to change the turn signals once the lights are installed tho it is a tight fit trying to get your hand through the wheel wall and up through the fender.

Uea i bought the harness but it did not make any sense to me.. I tjink they aent the wrong one.. There was no way it could work..
That's what I thought when I got mine. Everything should connect to something. Maybe upload a pic to a HID thread to see if someone can help you out!

I just got a message back from XenonDepot saying that I don't need to connect the positive lead O ring if I use the relay harness. I'll give you an update when I understand exactly what this means. I asked for a diagram. :help:

Back