Progress rear sway bar: Broken Moog Bracket

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I have had the 22 mm Progress rear sway with Moog brackets and bushings for about 4 years. Quebec's winter road salt has taken it's toll and after recently checking a rattling noise I found this unwelcome surprise. I think I'm going to order the Moog ones again because they look to be stronger than the Progress ones. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar problem with brackets snapping.

Here is the thread that @Dar-Dar posted a while ago comparing the Progress bushing and brackets to the Moog ones.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/rear-sway-bar-bushing-upgrade.10188/

image.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Wow! I don't think I've seen a broken one of those yet. Looks like a great time to get in there and grease those bushings too!

I have some of the stock brackets just laying around if you want them? I don't know what the shipping time/customs tax would be. Let me know. It may be faster for you to order a set online.

Dang, this is looking more frequent. I haven't noticed a slop on handling with my car, but I'll have to check the condition of my sway bar bushing brackets.

Wow! I don't think I've seen a broken one of those yet. Looks like a great time to get in there and grease those bushings too!

I have some of the stock brackets just laying around if you want them? I don't know what the shipping time/customs tax would be. Let me know. It may be faster for you to order a set online.
Thanks for the offer mate. I have already ordered replacements.
I don't think these bushings need to be greased. I never had a problem with noise until it snapped. Haha

I've broken two of them(1 on each side) with the 24mm bar however I do track the car quite a bit. Just replaced them with the Moog brackets again, not a big deal.

Reactions: Nix
Back