Project Code: Blue (FG4 build)

Stance Scene

Gwinnett, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
What's UP my 9ers!? I'm Jesse, I'm from Gwinnett Georgia, and I've been poking around on this forum since I got my FG4 back in early 2013, prior to that I had a 2012 LX sedan, which was also DBP, but to be quite honest I wanted more out of my Honda than the LX could provide, I was just so impatient to get the the Si model coupe, that I traded the 2012 LX before my lease was up and was left with negative equity on the LX. So, as you could imagine at 21 years young my payments were HIGH, TBH, $488/mo +$124 insurance, high. But I was SO happy to have the car I really wanted, but I was SO broke as you could imagine. Fast forward to 2016 and a bunch of raises at work later, and now i'm piecing a vision and dream together at a somewhat fast rate, at which I intended from day one. I'm VERY excited and extremely determined to present to you my build thread, its been a long time coming and I have put blood, sweat and tears into this car, and will stop at nothing until my car starts breaking necks at every person I pass, thats just the way JDM owner's blood runs, right!? Stay tuned 9 soSIety, I will update this thread with every little mod I make. Catch me on IG as well @sofly_si. Without further ado... Project Code: BLUE

A few days later, tinted the tails of mine and my boys TC

20160528_114356.png

Of course it faded slightly since no clear coat on mine, but thats what i was going for, matte black tails.

A few weeks later my OEM Dyno Blue Paint came in and I paint matched the front [H] emblem and also yellow fog overlays, in retrospect I would not recommend them as they cant withstand the bulb temp...

20160528_113343.png

....and honestly that would be all I could afford for a couple years since my car note was hurting me on top of all other expences at $12/hr :(
but **** that, picking up where we left off...

... By now, Ive started making more than double at my job with the help of a few raises and now, Im happier than i've ever been in years, I'm not trying to brag and say ive got stacks on deck but I ******* SUFFERED to get where i am today so I think I deserve to at least share, I was at a point where I couldnt live on my own and had to sell many things that were dear to me just to have money in my pocket after bills, and hopefully I can inspire at LEAST 1 person to work hard and stay focused on your goals and you WILL be rewarded guys, seriously, listen to what they tell you when they say WORK HARD PLAY HARD!

IMG_20160423_114130.jpg IMG_20160424_200816.jpg

Pain in the *** HID kit installed and crappy fog light overlays removed and replaced with actual yellow fog light bulbs

LEDGLOW million color interior lighting kit installed! Like the blue over the red for now, but i can choose any color. The last one is my girlfriend's feet lol! She wanted to be part of the project!

20160522_221231.jpg 20160522_221036.jpg20160524_214300.jpg

... Now at this point i've finally found a custom shop here in the Gwinnett area that specializes in everything necessary for the stanced look im going for, including: tire stretching, fender rolling and my AirLift 3P/3H air bag suspension install! If you live in Georgia and want to know where, Superstar Customs, PERIOD. I've seen them, and they do quality work for very reasonable pricing!

Nice build so far. I'd say avoid the tire stretch and super wide wheels, but it's your car. Welcome to the site.

Nice build so far. I'd say avoid the tire stretch and super wide wheels, but it's your car. Welcome to the site.
Haha I was talked into the stanced look by a shop and looking around on the forum for wheel specs so i think I'm good, getting air bags soon and won't put on rims and tires until then so we'll find out soon thanks for the feedback webby you guys do a great job around here, hopefully you all will see me on ROTM soon, after I'm confident lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tires were not meant to be stretched. They wear bad, and it's extremely unsafe. There are tons of vids where people blow tires and crash as a result of stretched tires. If you want to drive your car like the si is capable of being driven, you want meaty tires. Otherwise, it just becomes a show car. Might as well get the r18 back and put crazy wheel setups on it. Someone just posted pics of a blown tire from being stretched earlier today.

Meaty functional setups that can use the power the si has and actually improve handling/performance.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-meaty-fitment-functional-thread.10100/

Tires were not meant to be stretched. They wear bad, and it's extremely unsafe. There are tons of vids where people blow tires and crash as a result of stretched tires. If you want to drive your car like the si is capable of being driven, you want meaty tires. Otherwise, it just becomes a show car. Might as well get the r18 back and put crazy wheel setups on it. Someone just posted pics of a blown tire from being stretched earlier today.

Meaty functional setups that can use the power the si has and actually improve handling/performance.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-meaty-fitment-functional-thread.10100/
Hmmmm I will definitely take this into consideration, thanks man, good looking out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back