Projector Headlamps

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Ok so I ordered some Spec-D 12-15 HONDA CIVIC LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS for my car from Carid.com When I received them the box said Junyan....That clearly is not the Spec-D brand. Should I send these back or am I ok with the brand they sent? I know there may be a money difference in brands, but I don't care about that. I'm curious about the quality of the build. By the way, the headlights look exactly the same, shape, design and all. This is the page I bought them from http://www.carid.com/2013-honda-civ...projector-headlights-halo-u-bar-71372538.html
The picture below is from the Spec-D website itself.

for-12-14-honda-civic-led-projector-headlights-black-3.gif

That's the company that manufactures the headlight housing.

They're just selling the headlight. They don't manufacturer them in California.

I know that. I was expecting my headlights to come in a Spec-D box since that is the brand I ordered. It came in a Junyan box. Is that normal? Or did I receive the wrong brand?

It's normal. That's the company that makes them.

Thank you. By the way. What is the best way to hook up the light bar on these? I kind of want them on all the time. Also they didn't send directions. Does it need certain voltages and such. Will this change the brightness of the light bar?

Thank you so much for the help. These forums are a nice welcome for a new Honda Civic owner like myself. By new, I mean owning one....Not my car. :) I'll be sure to do my own searches and such before posting again.

OK they are in the car. I know the car is kind of dirty, sorry. I'm in the country at the second and it became target for birds. Do the lights seem kind of dim or is it just because I'm in the daylight? I'm talking about the LED strip. First picture is with the lights off.
IMG_20160220_144653314_HDR_zps9qlxwkql.jpg
IMG_20160220_144747509_HDR_zpsoqmv1ex6.jpg

They look really nice! Not really sure how bright they are suppose to get. Did you wire them up to the drls or to an accessory fuse?

DRLs. Just not sure if I should of went before the harness. I spliced them in right behind the headlight housing into the light itself. Should I of gone before the harness, further away from the light? I'm thinking of rerunning them to be on full time anyhow. I saw on the forums someone said you could do "add a circuit" adapters and connect to fuse box that way.

Since I don't have these lights I can't speak form experience. From what I have read about them is that if they are wired up to the drls they will not receive the proper amount of power since the drls are also the high beams. Therefore the drls run at half power and if you wired the leds into them then they are only receiving half the power necessary to run them. I do plan on getting them and, using an adapter, wiring them into an accessory circuit.

I'll probably switch my to an accessory circuit as well. I would rather have it ran that way anyhow. This was just a quick wire. The anticipation was killing me. Any suggestions on which accessory circuit/fuse I should use the add a circuit adapter on? Sorry for all the questions. Just getting into the whole switching out parts thing and want to make sure I get it right. I've done some research but I'm guessing I'm using some of the wrong terminology.

OK they are in the car. I know the car is kind of dirty, sorry. I'm in the country at the second and it became target for birds. Do the lights seem kind of dim or is it just because I'm in the daylight? I'm talking about the LED strip. First picture is with the lights off.
IMG_20160220_144653314_HDR_zps9qlxwkql.jpg
IMG_20160220_144747509_HDR_zpsoqmv1ex6.jpg
compare them to @Pauly99to17 's photo below

pa3.sized.jpg

maybe he can chime in how he wired his?

Well since this falls in the same category, I'm going to use this conversation for this as well. Hope that is ok. I'm looking to replace my DRL/Highbeam and my low beams with new headlight bulbs. I want white, not this yellowish tint I get from these regular halogens. I know they make ultra white Halogen bulbs but not sure as to what direction I should go for brand and what bulbs give out the performance of what they say they do. Can anyone suggest anything for this?

Well since this falls in the same category, I'm going to use this conversation for this as well. Hope that is ok. I'm looking to replace my DRL/Highbeam and my low beams with new headlight bulbs. I want white, not this yellowish tint I get from these regular halogens. I know they make ultra white Halogen bulbs but not sure as to what direction I should go for brand and what bulbs give out the performance of what they say they do. Can anyone suggest anything for this?
@Nix and some others have used the tinted nokyas

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-Arctic-White-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B007NJIXCI/

Back