Proximity/Vibration Alarm

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Hey guys! Any suggestions for good alarm systems under $500? I saw a few nice ones from the UK but i certainly don't wan to spend $750 on an alarm lol

Just bought new wheels and i'm thinking a vibration alarm will be a good way to avoid putting lot nuts lolol. I bought 4 black locking nuts with a key but i find them really ugly lol.

I wanted to put a very sensitive alarm that will go off if it rains on the car or someone was to try and jack up the car. like seriously very easy to set off. There is a high theft rate in My city and i rarely leave my car unattended. I'll say 95% of the time, my car is within 100ft of me. I don't take it to do groceries or anything and only drive it in the summer of course :)

I don't need remote start or anything else... if it comes with it i won't connect it, i only want to carry my OEM Honda key anyways.

Any suggestions?

Viper 5901 looks decent for $200 but i'd rather pay that same $200 for just a simple vibration alarm.

The only way i want to have the alarm disable able is by getting into it, and cutting the power (inside cabin and i'll hide the master switch)

Last edited:
oh yea, you can find them cheaper. That's just the msrp from the company. I know a number of users who have either those, or similar products to help with their car being stolen by a tow truck, or jacked up etc.

oh yea, you can find them cheaper. That's just the msrp from the company. I know a number of users who have either those, or similar products to help with their car being stolen by a tow truck, or jacked up etc.
it it's great :) My car will be so flush this summer nobody will be able to boot it or tow it haha

Can that be installed with the stock alarm?

someone on hondatech said it's possible.
It will work.......if you can find a wire that is "ground when armed". I was in the same boat with my GTI but decided to ditch the idea.

Well that's even better. But I would have to look for that wire.

yes of course... you can follow these wires from the horn :) it's it's own lead 3 yellow lead usually (it was yellow in a CRV and accord that i did)

just take in and it'll send the signal like OEM would :)

i have the proximity sensor (cheaper on ebay also but still from DEI). it's dope but is a PAIN IN THE ******* *** to adjust lol

Last edited:
So is it easiest to get the proximity and tilt with a viper system or is that not really worth it on top of the factory alarm? This might not be the right spot but do any of you know of an alarm that is silent but sends the two-way alert? I really just need one to send to my phone or fob next to the bed. I don't want to alert thieves, just give me time to get down there or call the cops.

Saw that asked on another site:

you can do this
get a pager alarm/ 2 way alarm and just disconnect the sirens and remove the fuse that controls the lights for the alarm. dont remove the fuse from your dash, there is a separate fuse that comes with the alarm that controls the flashing light.

Back