Puma Enters Sponsorship With Subaru Rallycross - Gymkhana Vid Released

If they are gonna sponsor drivers they'll have to be more careful with their sneaker treads! I've got a few pairs of Puma kicks and my newest ones slip off the metal pedals in my Si really easily. My first time driving with them I had a near-stall incident when it happened and felt like a tool, lol.

• Staff
what's the tread look like on yours...or are they just slippery?

what's the tread look like on yours...or are they just slippery?
They don't seem slippery when I walk in them... just on the pedals for some reason. Mine are the ones in the pic, sort of shows what the sole looks like.

Attachments

• puma.jpg
    puma.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Staff
LOL why do you think i do not drive subaru's anymore.
cause the si gets better gas mileage :nerd:

They don't seem slippery when I walk in them... just on the pedals for some reason. Mine are the ones in the pic, sort of shows what the sole looks like.

yeah those don't look like they'd have good grip... the shoes in the vid look much different. Who knows though

yeah those don't look like they'd have good grip... the shoes in the vid look much different. Who knows though
Haha, one trial one and they'd know there was a problem... I'm guessing the treads are better on the race sneaks. I've got 2 other pairs of Puma sneakers and no issues with those, just the one pair.

seems like Si people like to think of their cars as more than just a civic, should the sporty trim Si separate from the civic line? (ex-Si owner here)

I like that the WRX/sti is related to the impreza na cars. Love the looks too

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

subaru is splitting the wrx/sti from impreza supposedly though

Would have been if subaru could have come up with it themselves

seems like Si people like to think of their cars as more than just a civic, should the sporty trim Si separate from the civic line? (ex-Si owner here)

I like that the WRX/sti is related to the impreza na cars. Love the looks too

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL
Yes the Si should be separate it would optimize the chassis for it's intended purpose. I was a longtime WRX owner but when '08 rolled around multiple friends and i were like WTF happened to our cars subaru has lost it No more wagon and we now have a mazda 3 and then the sedans came with the same reaction. (actually came up the other night and everyone still felt the same but with one saying it was growing on him 5yrs later mind you)
That is why i am glad that subaru is parting from the impreza line which could mean better bodies,chassis and if god really loves me and wants me to buy another subie a coupe (cause i doubt they will do another wagon) JMHO

Back