question about the passenger buttons

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
Are they suppose to illuminate as well? if so should i take it back to the dealer i got it from or a closer one to be fixed since it would be under the warranty ;)

Can you be a little more clear in which buttons you're referring to? Perhaps a picture would be best

sorry some how it got truncated. the buttons on the passenger door.
Sorry for the late reply. That's strange though, but since it's under warranty just have the dealer look at it.

because they can sell the car without putting a light in there. Let's say it cost $10 more for the wiring/led switch (making this figure up). They tend to sell 30-35k civics a month. That's around 2.1 million civics in one generation period (5yrs). $10x2.1 million cars = 21 million dollars they just saved by not putting that switch in. I'm guessing the rear isn't lit, so there is another 2 switches....and so on. Same could be said for power seats on some cars. A lot of cars only did it to the drivers seat before offering power seats on both front seats. Same could be said for heated seats. Now you're starting to see some put heated seats in the back. It just keeps inflating the cost of cars. They have to pick and choose where to save money or draw a line on features they put in cars.

Back