Question about where to buy my parts

Tim Abadie

Jupiter, FL
Vehicle Model
FB6
So modifications have officially begun on my si (2015 FB6), and Flashpro is in the mail. The next step is buying a Full race Downpipe, along with the Full Race Exhaust and a hasport 62a rear motor mount. I want to bu all of these parts in one shot. I went to Full Race's website and the quote with all parts and shipping was around $1400. I checked out K series parts and found all three parts for around $1250. I wouldnt mind saving $150, but I want to make sure I'm buying from a reliable retailer and getting exactly what I need. Im looking to make this purchase soon. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check out @axion_industries

They are a great vendor on here and will take care of you on the customer service end if you need advice or help. They also usually have really good pricing. I just went and added a FR downpipe/exhaust and lower mount and it came out just under $1100.

Shipping and tax may be different for you, but it showed a flat $40 to ship to my zip code. So $1120-ish total. Not bad.

http://stores.axionind.com

riezhc.jpg

Thanks for the reccomendation. I actually just quoted it, and added the PRL SRI and shipping all for $1437.00. It may make sense to just buy all my bolt-on parts in one shot. Think that would be too much for the motor to handle? lol

Thanks for the reccomendation. I actually just quoted it, and added the PRL SRI and shipping all for $1437.00. It may make sense to just buy all my bolt-on parts in one shot. Think that would be too much for the motor to handle? lol

Nice. Nah, you'll be fine but you will need FP and a tune to even attempt to run with all those parts on. So make sure you do all your install at once and have your tune ready to go. Should be awesome feeling when you're done.

That's probably what I'll do. I'll have Vit send me a tune and have it ready to go immediately after install. Ill run a base map until then. Thanks for the help guys! Can't wait to make all this happen!

One more question, given this is my daily driver, how ambitious is it to plan on installing Downpipe, exhaust, and SRI in one sitting. Am I a bit too ambitious, or is this reasonable?

As far as time is concerned or what do you mean?

It's doable. The downpipe will prob be the most time consuming due to accessibility of the bolts and some have struggled with that.

Rip exhaust off
Rip downpipe out
Install downpipe
Install exhaust
Rip out intake
Install intake

I recall some saying they spent a good 3-4hrs on the downpipe the first time.

Hit the bolts the night before with some type of penetrating oil. If you're going to attempt install on a Saturday, park it Friday when you get home from work and get into the bay/under the car and spray all the bolts at least a couple times. Like once when you get home and it's cooled off and then again later before bed. Give yourself the best chance at getting everything out smooth the first time.

Have extra bolts and hardware ready in case something breaks and have bolt extractors/easy outs on hand. If you don't have a second car to make an auto zone/home depot run be sure to have every tool you might need.

Def hit those three midpipe bolts with some pb or something. There was no way I could break them with the little space I had with the car on jacks. Had to get an air impact with a u joint and that did it. I hit all the other bolts I knew I need to get and they came out pretty easily. Make sure and hit the dp bracket bolts too. let is know when it's time. PM if u have trouble.

Heed @Nix advice!!!

Thanks for the help and input guys, Ill be ordering the parts in about 3 weeks. Count on me relying heavily on the experience of this community to help me through it. I have a friend who has an auto ramp I will be able to use so I'll have some pretty easy access underneath the car which will be nice.I really appreciate the support! Flashpro arrives on Friday, Ill run a stock tune until I order the rest. :driving:

FLASHPRO.jpg
So I got my Flashpro today. I finally got the software and drivers working properly and installed the "Stock equivalent" base map. Is this the map for a stock motor? I saw no other preloaded maps with the word "stock" in it...
Ordering Catted Full Race Downpipe, Full Race Exhaust and PRL SRI at the end of the week and get my tune with Vit started after I get those parts. Also Hasport 62A motor mounts are on their way.

What I'm really trying to figure out is this "stock equivalent" map just a ECU reset to stock, or is there a better map to use in the meantime while I wait for my parts?

Last edited:
I would use the "reflash" map until you're tuned by vit on your aftermarket parts. It's for a "stock" car or for people who aren't tuned and want an upgrade over the stock tune.

I was just told that the Full Race catted downpipe is unavailable, pretty much universally and the only option if I want this Downpipe with a cat is to buy the heat coated version for an additional 100$. What are the benefits of a heat coated downpipe?

Back