question with exhaust

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
well now that I blew 4k on a suoercharger was wondering if I should upgrade my invidia catback to the 3" one I currently have 2.75" or would it not be worth hassle ?

I dont think it would be worth it unless your looking for max hp. Money better spent on a different pulley size or aftercooler instead.

I wouldn't spend the money yet. When you get to tuning if you and the tuner both feel like the exhaust is restricting the engine then I would upgrade. I'm not sure how others on here will feel , but I cant see how .25" will make a huge difference. If you had a 2.25-2.5" exhaust I could see spending the extra money. I'm only running 2.25" on my supercharged 97 civic and I don't feel like that's holding it back, although that's kinda like comparing apples to oranges engine wise.

Thanks guys that's what I was thinking too. Gains from switching shouldn't even be noticeable but I hear 3" this 3" that everywhere for boost soo just wanted to confirm. Want this build to be done the right way. :driving: Thanks guys!

If you were going turbo I would agree with 3" since that effects things like spool time for turbo guys, but with a SC all of the work id done mechanically so the exhaust basically functions the same as on a NA setup. I'm sure at some point it will make a difference, but I'd venture to say by the time you got there you would be overspinning the blower or your intake temps would be too high.

Back