Questions about the build I’m trying to put together

Stretch07

hello I’ve been wondering what else I need before I put all my parts on so I can get it tuned once and be done, the parts I have now would be...

Prl cai (behind the headlight)
72mm grams tb
Skunk2’s im
Skunk2’s composite fuel rail
Act stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel
Rv6 catted dp
Invidia 2.7 n1 catback
Nst lightweight pulleys
Acuity short shifter and bushings and springs
Flash pro
72a upper,lower, and trans mounts

Parts I’m debating...

Stage 2 lsd
Fuel injectors (don’t really know what size would be best)
Upgrade fuel pump

Those would be the parts I have questions about, any tips or advice would greatly appreciated. Thank you

Are you installing all of that yourself? Looks like you have a big list of projects if you're doing that all at once. You don't need different injectors/fuel pump unless you're going forced induction. If you're going forced induction later, you'll end up needing a new tune anyway, so you might as well hold off on those items. Are you having issues with your stock clutch going out, because you really shouldn't have a need for a stage 2 clutch either.

Are you installing all of that yourself? Looks like you have a big list of projects if you're doing that all at once. You don't need different injectors/fuel pump unless you're going forced induction. If you're going forced induction later, you'll end up needing a new tune anyway, so you might as well hold off on those items. Are you having issues with your stock clutch going out, because you really shouldn't have a need for a stage 2 clutch either.
It feels like it’s starting to slip under a heavy load cause I don’t think it’s the lsd, but I don’t think I’ll go turbo until I get a truck plus I want a stiffer clutch, but with so much more air I didn’t want to max out the stock injectors duty cycle out and mess up my afr, and I’m upgrading the axles to 500hp axles and a new clutch MC and sc

It feels like it’s starting to slip under a heavy load cause I don’t think it’s the lsd, but I don’t think I’ll go turbo until I get a truck plus I want a stiffer clutch, but with so much more air I didn’t want to max out the stock injectors duty cycle out and mess up my afr, and I’m upgrading the axles to 500hp axles and a new clutch MC and sc
And no I’m having a shop around here do the work (engine logics)

I see you just joined so welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to keep reading before doing anything. As webby mentioned, some of these items are not needed. Fuel injectors and pump are not needed for a bolt on build.
Not sure what a stage 2 LSD is? Also an axle upgrade is unnecessary. What exactly are 500hp axles and why would you need them on a 200hp car?
Maybe see what your shop suggests to meet your goals.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Check out my build thread man I basically did what u want with a bit more parts. I’m on e85 running 440 injectors if I remember correctly. I’m on a stock fuel pump making in the 230’s. Cars pretty fun. I just did the k tuned cmc and slave and it’s a huge improvement to stock. The acuity shift kit made a huge difference too. If u do go boost u will definitely need to upgrade ur fuel pump but for a bolt on setup ur good to go with the stock one even if u want to add an e85 tune, which you will need the bigger injectors.

Welcome to the site!!!!!!

You will not come close to maxing your injectors with bolt on mods. You won’t need to change them unless you get a supercharger or turbo. There are people with 300hp to the wheels (on the dyno) who still run the stock clutch. So if you’re slipping, I guess your clutch is shot. I’ve seen some say about 300-350 and the oem clutch will slip for them. I guess a lot depends on how much you’re launching your car, or how rough you’re beating on it. As for axles, there are 400+ hp builds on the stock axles without issue. 4th gear is probably more likely to blow before your other upgrades mentioned. A handful of people have had 4th gear grenade the trans in 400-600hp builds. That’s your weak point if you’re really trying to build the car.

I see you just joined so welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to keep reading before doing anything. As webby mentioned, some of these items are not needed. Fuel injectors and pump are not needed for a bolt on build.
Not sure what a stage 2 LSD is? Also an axle upgrade is unnecessary. What exactly are 500hp axles and why would you need them on a 200hp car?
Maybe see what your shop suggests to meet your goals.

Well my passenger side axle is going bad so for an extra 30 bucks over the 300 hp rated axles I got those and lsd is the limited slip diff.

You will not come close to maxing your injectors with bolt on mods. You won’t need to change them unless you get a supercharger or turbo. There are people with 300hp to the wheels (on the dyno) who still run the stock clutch. So if you’re slipping, I guess your clutch is shot. I’ve seen some say about 300-350 and the oem clutch will slip for them. I guess a lot depends on how much you’re launching your car, or how rough you’re beating on it. As for axles, there are 400+ hp builds on the stock axles without issue. 4th gear is probably more likely to blow before your other upgrades mentioned. A handful of people have had 4th gear grenade the trans in 400-600hp builds. That’s your weak point if you’re really trying to build the car.
Yeah I’ve been looking at new gear setups, but this is also my daily so I’m not sure what gear ratio would work best for me, plus I’m pushing 100k and it slips occasionally when downshifting hard on the freeway but it’s fine other wise plus all my parts are bought so if I have em might as well use em

Well my passenger side axle is going bad so for an extra 30 bucks over the 300 hp rated axles I got those and lsd is the limited slip diff.
So you have already purchased all of these items? In that case you may as well install everything. Obviously it won't hurt to have any of these things.
What LSD dos you buy? "Stage 2" doesn't really describe anything.

So you have already purchased all of these items? In that case you may as well install everything. Obviously it won't hurt to have any of these things.
What LSD dos you buy? "Stage 2" doesn't really describe anything.

I haven’t got the lsd yet I don’t know what gear ratio I want and still looking at gears for the transmission

Welcome to the forum. I have a question about the Skunk2 intake manifold you are using. Do you have an adapter plate to mount the intake manifold?

Welcome to the forum. I have a question about the Skunk2 intake manifold you are using. Do you have an adapter plate to mount the intake manifold?
I don’t have it installed yet but the guy at Skunk2 said it’ll bolt right up

Man I forgot I called and asked them. The guy I spoke with I am not sure he understood the difference or if not much information was out at the time. But from currently having the RBC intake manifold I understand it a way more. I had to use the Adapter plate for it also there are companies out like DW fuel that make 8th gen SI injectors that will plug into the 9th gen SI. Along with the PRL kit the 9th generations TB will bolt right to the RBC too.

Back