R18 maximum HP

samRai

CERRITOS, CA.
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
Did anybody saw this one? about Hondata on R18 06-11. whats the difference in 8th and 9th gen engine? Sry i just got so excited and really curious.
"Apology cause i just using my phone."
Hondata r18 01.jpg HONDATA R18 02.jpg Hondata r18 03.jpgO:)

They are different engines even though they both are called "r18" (they are both 1.8 liters). The 9th gen is not the same engine as the 8th gen r18. The ecu is different in the 2012+, and the ignition system is as well. As a result, the flashpro won't work without them releasing a 9th gen specific flashpro.

Although the 8th gen R18 FlashPro will not work with the 9th gen R18 as is, there's the possibility that it may work if an 8th gen ECU is swapped in. No one has tried it yet though so no one can say whether it works or not.

Last edited:
:( Few Days ago I went to Pepboys to buy some something. I met this guy and his a employee.. Tryin to assist me on my Car. Cause He owns an 8th Si and We've Talked about our cars etc. One thing He said, that just drilled into my brain right now..." So u drivin' Stick Shift, Why didn't U get The Si?" until now why? Lol. I'll wait maybe six month or save 3 grn to get an Si.
But if Hondata is right about the 8th R18 HP. That will make some 9th R18 owner Happy in the future. Let's See .:coffee: HONDATA?
THANK YOU FOR THE NICE INFO... EVERYONE.

I believe the ECU is different because of I-MID, Someone correct me if im wrong.

I Think so also... but not sure.
If Hondata will let me Choose gaining "POWER or I-MID", I'll choose the I-MID :pat:LOL.

I'll wait for HONDATA.:shadyhat: cause I think they will have something for the R18Z1. specially HONDA put HPD Body kit on 2014 coupe 1.8..right?

Although the 8th gen R18 FlashPro will not work with the 9th gen R18 as is, there's the possibility that it may work if an 8th gen ECU is swapped in. No one has tried it yet though so no one can say whether it works or not.
Yah... it's more complicated cause of the I-MID...if thats the case.

I'll wait for HONDATA.:shadyhat: cause I think they will have something for the R18Z1. specially HONDA put HPD Body kit on 2014 coupe 1.8..right?

That's the hpd race car with the "HPD-spec K24Z7 racing engine"

That's the hpd race car with the "HPD-spec K24Z7 racing engine"
yes your right.:D It's AERO KIT and HFP wheels on EXL 2014 Coupe. but the other coupe "the Street Performance Concept" With HPD Collage Body and No SI badge on the Grill. I know it's just a concept but that raised the flag of Hope...:cheerleader::pray::clapping:.

yes your right.:D It's AERO KIT and HFP wheels on EXL 2014 Coupe. but the other coupe "the Street Performance Concept" With HPD Collage Body and No SI badge on the Grill. I know it's just a concept but that raised the flag of Hope...:cheerleader::pray::clapping:.

The new 2014 HPD Honda Civic Street Performance Concept is equipped with HPD racing performance parts and street wrap. Modifications include HPD's "Big Brake" kit, HPD performance springs, HPD 25.4mm rear anti-roll bar, HPD 18-inch wheels, and a K24Z7 racing engine. While just a concept, this vehicle offers a glimpse at potential future street performance accessories developed from HPD racing experience.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7458-en

It is a R18 but no Eco button. The vtec from 1,500-3,500 is supposed to help
with fuel economy...

Your right.

Alot of changes on all gens of civic.

And i heard that 2014 models will have CVT.. I just don't know If that's good in 140 hp. I heard the CVT control the performance of the vehicle. But I'm not sure.

Back