R18 non-si VTEC explained

I understand the r18 has a fuel economy cam, but if I'm not mistaken the computer also adjusting at your driving style. The car is not slow. In short circuit race track I bet r18 will win vs gtr...?
:corona::banghead::confuzzled: I love my 9th civic r18, and it's always the underdog. Anyway be safe always to all drivers.

Last edited:
I understand the r18 has a fuel economy cam, but if I'm not mistaken the computer also adjusting at your driving style. The car is not slow. In short circuit race track I bet r18 will win vs gtr...?
:corona::banghead::confuzzled: I love my 9th civic r18, and it's always the underdog. Anyway be safe always to all drivers.
No, the car isn't slow relatively speaking. Its average for an economy car. And yes the computer does somewhat adapt to your driving style but that doesn't make it any faster than someone who doesn't drive aggressive. These computers sample multiple times a second. And no, no stock civic is going to remotely keep pace with a gtr in any race. Im not even sure there's a modified civic that could beat a stock gtr on any track other than a drag race...

Back