Radio code / serial number

Bingbong

just bought a 13 LX and it needs a new battery. I know I might need a security code for the radio, but the code card was not in the documents. I can get the code online with the VIN and radio serial number, but I really don't want to tear the dash apart to get it. I've checked glovebox, fuse box, trunk, door jams etc for a sticker with no result. Is there a way to get the radio to show its serial number on the display before I unhook the battery so I have it on hand? I saw a YouTube video where they were able to go into a hidden screen on a nav system that showed it, but mine is not a nav system, just a radio.
I know I might be able to just hold the power button on startup to bypass the code. But , in case that fails for some reason, I would like to be prepared with the serial number.
Anyone know a way to display the serial number?

I have just bypassed it with the power the button several times. Otherwise, I found this:
https://www.hondapartsonline.net/blog/how-to-get-a-honda-radio-code

Thanks for finding that! Very good info. It convinced me I should just go for it and I found I was nervous over nothing. I didn't even have to hold the power button down! It just started up as normal, other than needing to set the time. I guess I just like being prepared for any difficulty that might pop up beforehand.

Back