Radio code?

Stephey

Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
coupe
I don't need it right now but don't recall seeing it anywhere in to info packet I was given at the dealer and don't see any sticker in the glove box. I'd like to write it in the owners manual in case/when I need it. Is there anyway to pull the code out of the radio now or do I need to go by the dealer or?

That sure will come in handy...Thx, and I thought resetting my clock was a pain. do I keep all my settings ?

The owner's manual does not state as to whether or not your settings will remain.

I don't believe it kept the radio stations on the 8th gen if the battery was disconnected. Although -
Thanks, Webby. I just finished this mod, only took me about 11 minutes or so. I disconnected the battery for about 30 seconds, then reconnected and let the car run. However, the radio was fine. I still had all my presets too. Thanks for the write up.
^ he had his disconnected for a very brief moment...and it kept info. So, I'm not sure how the 9th works

That sure will come in handy...Thx, and I thought resetting my clock was a pain. do I keep all my settings ?
I don't believe it kept the radio stations on the 8th gen if the battery was disconnected. Although -

^ he had his disconnected for a very brief moment...and it kept info. So, I'm not sure how the 9th works

I know on the 8th gens it keeps them, had the battery disconnected for 2 days, reconnected it put the code in and everything was there...

Update: went by the dealer today as I was in the area and asked. The salesman walked me over to the service guy. When he looked at the car he said "that model doesn't use a radio code, they stopped using them on the 2012 civics.". It kinda makes sense given without the imid dash display, it would be a totally useless radio to anyone. Not sure if this only applies to the LX as the manual has a section about the radio code, maybe the DX or EX with Nav still has one?

how about that... thank you for the update! I hadn't heard anything about them not using it on the 2012.

Update: went by the dealer today as I was in the area and asked. The salesman walked me over to the service guy. When he looked at the car he said "that model doesn't use a radio code, they stopped using them on the 2012 civics.". It kinda makes sense given without the imid dash display, it would be a totally useless radio to anyone. Not sure if this only applies to the LX as the manual has a section about the radio code, maybe the DX or EX with Nav still has one?
I have a EX Without the Nav........ But it still has imid (functional)dash display... If this helps anyone narrow it down somemore.

I'm tempted to disconnect my battery and see if this really is the case. Wouldn't be the first time a service department was wrong about something..

yeah, I don't know why I didn't just look it up in the manual - it has a code.

radio.png

All models still have a code - but it is for the most part redundant now. When the battery has been disconnected all that is required is to press and hold the power button on the audio unit for two seconds to restart the unit. To get the code you need the serial number from the audio or navi unit. For the audio unit, with the unit off, press and hold preset buttons 1 & 6 and turn the unit on - it will display an eight digit serial number. Take that number to you dealer with proof of ownership and they can supply you with the code. We don't charge for this, but some dealers may.

I had the same question when I bought my Si a couple of months back. It wasn't actually in the glovebox, it was actually on the side of the glovebox on the outside. Open the glovebox and see if there is a sticker on the side of it visiable from the driver's seat.

Last edited:
Back