Rear Side Panel Popped Off (Not Sure What To Call It)

eyi526

Fairfax, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey all!
I was switching out the floor mats for new ones, when one of them ended up snagging a big of a side panel and popping it out of place. I'm not sure what part it is, but hopefully this picture can help. I'll upload more pictures if necessary.
I'm just wondering if there's a way to pop it back in place? I'm having no luck so far, and I'm tempted to go with a hammer and bang it in...
Any ideas/opinions?
IMG_20161221_202201.jpg

MODS: I noticed I put this in the wrong section. Could someone move this to the correct forum, please? Sorry!!!

Last edited:
Thanks webby! I'll start there!
I looked at the panel and it looks like some hooks/clips/whatever broke off. I'm a little bummed cause my OCD is kicking in and wants to fix it, but that might mean removing and installing a new one...:owned:

MODS: I noticed I put this in the wrong section. Could someone move this to the correct forum, please? Sorry!!!

I looked at the panel and it looks like some hooks/clips/whatever broke off. I'm a little bummed cause my OCD is kicking in and wants to fix it, but that might mean removing and installing a new one...:owned:

Did you pop the panel off to see? You may be able to just order the one clip. If you take a good picture of what is broken and where, we have a honda dealership that sponsors the site that could potentially help you. They may be able to order just the clips for you. Just post up some more details or pics.

Did you pop the panel off to see? You may be able to just order the one clip. If you take a good picture of what is broken and where, we have a honda dealership that sponsors the site that could potentially help you. They may be able to order just the clips for you. Just post up some more details or pics.
Yea, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow morning/afternoon.
Also, thanks for moving this to the right place!

Sometimes the clips just slide of the panel piece and not actually break. Hate to say it but your going to have to remove the entire piece and go from there.

Sometimes the clips just slide of the panel piece and not actually break. Hate to say it but your going to have to remove the entire piece and go from there.
Damn. I had a feeling that would be the case. Might have to just live with the imperfection for awhile...

Back