Rear Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade

Its like synthetic rubber. They have different properties depending on the purpose. The Moog bushings have the same properties as the energy bushings. Except that the durometer is slightly higher.

lol... i was just kidding! nice answer though. The absolute truth about it.

Reactions: mph
Perfect thanks for the info fellas. Both look heavy duty. Gonna go with Energy.

Last edited:
the progress bar will come with new bushings. You don't have to buy anything right away. If you're thinking of upgrading its easier to just install everything at once.

The stock end links should be fine. The only issue you might run into is if they are very corroded and you can't get the nut off the end. If you had to cut them off a new set would make install a lot easier. Also if you are going to reuse the stock end links you should at least buy new end link nuts. They are slightly oval and are supposed to be a one time use. The oval deforms and helps it stay on there. I reused mine originally and they stayed put just fine.

The Moog end links are pretty cheap.

At the least buy 4 new end link nuts:

$0.47 each!

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...-lower-arm-scat/?part_name=nut-self-lock-10mm

Stock endlinks are pain in the butt to remove. I also had to cut the stud from the stock endlinks to completely remove them from the control arms and swaybar when I installed my 22mm progress rsb. I'd say that you might as well get the MOOG endlinks since you might end up cutting them to get the larger rear swaybar installed. The MOOG bushings are also worth getting since they are beefier than the Progress bushings and won't require greasing (greasing is optional though). Plus, they don't hurt your wallet.

If you hear a noise get under there and make sure everything is tight!

What kind of noise? If its clunking then something is loose. If it's creaking you probably need more grease.

These are reference pics of the 22mm installed on immajackuup's 2012 Civic Si:
1t5t1g_zps3171dbe1.jpg

2rpxws7_zpsd958777b.jpg

You can see that there are gaps on each side between the Progress bushing and the stopping plates. With the MOOG bushings, there will be less horizontal movement on the sway bar bc the MOOG bushings have a little bit of extrusion that will close those gaps. The fitment will be snug.
What are the plates you have mounted on the end likes? I intend to go with the 2014 rear sway bar since I have a 2012 si. Would I need that as well? Might sound like a dumb question since it's oem to oem. But I just wanted to see if my application could benefit from it. Thank you.

@jarvasdb1 you won't need those plates. They are for adding strength to the area where the end links attach to the car. You only need them if you install a 24mm Progress rear sway bar. Any of the stock applications don't need reinforcing.

If they are not needed, then why would they be included?

If I recall correctly, 8th gens were having problems with the mounting points breaking...which is why these were developed and included. I installed them on mine. It takes an extra couple of minutes to drill the third hole. Not a lot of time or difficult to do and adds peace of mind.

If they are not needed, then why would they be included?

If I recall correctly, 8th gens were having problems with the mounting points breaking...which is why these were developed and included. I installed them on mine. It takes an extra couple of minutes to drill the third hole. Not a lot of time or difficult to do and adds peace of mind.

Hey Squiggy, so even if I run the stock 20MM 14 Si RSB you would still recommend it?

Back