Rear Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade

Has anyone experienced any noise coming from their moog endlinks before? I hope I'm not the only one.

Has anyone experienced any noise coming from their moog endlinks before? I hope I'm not the only one.
Yes I had chronic knocking noises coming from my rear suspension for a while. A few months ago, I bought some blue loctite, took the endlinks off, cleaned the threads, and re-tightened them with loctite. It's been nice and tight and quiet ever since. The nut had to have been unthreading from all the force it was enduring. So I would start with that before you go replacing them.

It's coming from the rear and it doesn't seem as if it was loose. It wasn't like this before I put on my new suspension plus adjusting the shock length of my new coils. I previously had godspeed mono rs and then switched to buddyclub racing spec and i'm like always deterred by all the **** going on with my car.

It's coming from the rear and it doesn't seem as if it was loose. It wasn't like this before I put on my new suspension plus adjusting the shock length of my new coils. I previously had godspeed mono rs and then switched to buddyclub racing spec and i'm like always deterred by all the **** going on with my car.
Welcome to the car mod world @Kakedo :giggle:

I have not had an issue on my car or my wifes car with anything on the Progress/Moog/Energy setup. Just have to retorque and regrease at least once a year.

That said, I have had odd noises come and go from my suspension in the time I've had it. Nothing is as quiet, comfortable, or reliable as stock.

I've got a 24mm Progress rear sway bar to put on in the spring. I've bought the Moog bushings to use when I do put it on and I think I'll do both the front and rear Moog end links as well at the same time.
I like the fact that you can grease the Moog end link joints and they are heavy duty.

I just ordered the 24mm progress rear sway bar and from what i can tell it comes with bushings and adjustable end links. Should i buy the moog bushings and end links or are the ones that cone with it good? From what i could tell the bushings with the 24mm bar look like the moogs.

I just ordered the 24mm progress rear sway bar and from what i can tell it comes with bushings and adjustable end links. Should i buy the moog bushings and end links or are the ones that cone with it good? From what i could tell the bushings with the 24mm bar look like the moogs.
Since you're going with a 24 vs my 22, and since Progress also comes with reinforcement plates. Stock may work, but I think the Moog has better cushioning to work with the factory made weak area of the mount. I'm doing good so far(for a couple of years), but the Moog is a better way to go.

Personally I still think the Moog bushings are better and the end links look better quality IMO as well.
I've already bought the Moog bushings to install with the sway bar when I install it and I'm going to buy the Moog end links in the spring as well.

Just this morning I've started to get the on/off "clunk" coming from my rear. I installed my 22mm. Progress RSB/Moog bushings/Endlinks about a week ago. Everything seemed fine until this morning. My question: Is it completely necessary to install the reinforcement plates for the endlinks, as well as the Progress supplied backing plates for the swaybar bushings? I've been running around without any issues until this morning's "clunk".
My Si is a 2013 sedan.
Thanks.

The reinforcement plates are necessary for the endlinks. The backing plates are only meant for non-Sis. Also, make sure that the nuts/bolts are torqued to spec. There might be something loose somewhere.

The reinforcement plates are necessary for the endlinks. The backing plates are only meant for non-Sis. Also, make sure that the nuts/bolts are torqued to spec. There might be something loose somewhere.
I never did install the plates for the endlinks, which explains the "clunk" noise. I was in such a hurry at my friend's shop trying to get two projects at once. I'll install them this wed. and see if that solves my "clunk" issue.

I never did install the plates for the endlinks, which explains the "clunk" noise. I was in such a hurry at my friend's shop trying to get two projects at once. I'll install them this wed. and see if that solves my "clunk" issue.
I don't think that the reinforcement plates not being installed is the cause of the clunking noise. The plates are meant to strengthen the mounting point on the lower control arm because the force of the thicker sway bar against the LCA can actually break the mounting point. I remember seeing an article (I think it was on the Progress site) showing how the bolt tears itself right out of the bracket because it's not strong enough.

Yes, the rear lower control arm mounting point is the weak link. The moog end link is just convenient if you stock ones are rusted and you can't reuse them. I would use the stock end link if it was in good shape. The greaseable bushings are for convenience.

Jumping on this convo as well.

After installing my Progress 24mm and having it on for a week I am hearing the "Clunk" noise and some rattling.

I did use the reinforcementbrackets that came with the kit. Also I use the end links that came with the kit.

Any suggestions?

I have the MOOG end links as well and it still is clunking when I hit bumps. I took it to a shop and they couldn't see anything wrong. I might have to jack it up myself and tighten any bolt I can find. I even went as far as wrapping my exhaust with heat wrap after a suggestion that he heat was affecting the rubber in the end links.

Back