Rear window roof visor question

Miller15

Is there an aerodynamic benefit to adding the rear window roof visor?

Or just because it looks cool?

The product description (Pro Civic) also says keeps sun off rear deck, but I'm tinted already so that's a non-issue.

Thoughts ...?

Last edited:
It's just a rice thing, will have the same effect on your car as a red H...

The aero is fine stock, anything you add to the body will work against you(IMHO), around the bottom can help some. Tyres kept at correct inflation, and buying tyres that are good for gas mileage are the best place to put the money.
The engine is best as is(IMHO).
The rest is you're driving ability.

I added side window shades which help in rain but screw up air flow enough that it makes noise(but the rain advantage is worth it to me). I can get upwards of 45+ mph on the open road, and can do a constant combo of 33 plus living in a small town.

A thicker rear sway bar is a good place to put your 1st mod.

Thanks.

I suspected it was just "show".

I was thinking a mild drop would reduce the cross section to gain s little airflow improvement, or front air dam.

I like the rear sway suggestion and, since I have no plans to auto-x, would be interested in the best bang for the buck on a bar from another model (SI perhaps of another year).

I will definitely look into high mileage tires when the Conti's wear down.

Thanks.

I suspected it was just "show".

I was thinking a mild drop would reduce the cross section to gain s little airflow improvement, or front air dam.

I like the rear sway suggestion and, since I have no plans to auto-x, would be interested in the best bang for the buck on a bar from another model (SI perhaps of another year).

I will definitely look into high mileage tires when the Conti's wear down.
I'm 70+ and don't motor cross either but the rear sway is a most in my opinion..... $200 for a"Progressive" sway bar 22 mm.......
If you could see the stock bar it's the size of your little finger, and the Progress is the size of a cigar. It just make the car do what it should have done when it came out of the plant.

Go OEM on the RSB...14/15 should fit also grab the bushings...

You mean an Si '14/'15 OEM RSB?
I didn't catch what year your car is but newer Si comes with thicker RSB than the 12, I have a 12 so 13+ Si RSB is an upgrade plus I've read that it holds better (no loose parts)

I didn't catch what year your car is but newer Si comes with thicker RSB than the 12, I have a 12 so 13+ Si RSB is an upgrade plus I've read that it holds better (no loose parts)

I've got a '15 EX sedan. "Is the Si RSB thicker than the EX?" was my question ...

^^what he said, plus OEM is better than after market in my opinion and it may be cheaper too

IMG_0198.sized.jpg

black is stock for non-si models. The red is just a 19mm eibach bar. A lot of users go with the 22mm progress, so it'd be even larger in diameter.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/eibach-19mm-rear-sway-bar-install-part-numbers-included.4808/

Back