Reckless driving

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
What's up fellas! Just wanted to get more opinions and thoughts on a little situation I've somehow gotten myself into. So You guys may know I was pulled over while I was Doing a datalog for vit cop says I was doing 85 on a 40 which I know for a fact was not true but he didn't want to hear it. He arrested me for criminal reckless driving , and note I have NEVER in my life been pulled over nor given a ticket for 4 years since I was able to start driving not to mention my record is squeaky clean never been in any trouble. I told the cop I wasn't doing 85 at all but he still gave no care, also my lawyer said that cop didn't clock me at all Here's another thing I saw this cop sitting there and when I past him I was downshifting to 3rd so there's no possible way I could have hit 85 because I would hit the rev limiter way before that. I have court tomorrow and I'm freaking out because my lawyer could not agree on anything with the prosecuter before hand and I'm afraid of jail time. Thoughts?

What's up fellas! Just wanted to get more opinions and thoughts on a little situation I've somehow gotten myself into. So You guys may know I was pulled over while I was Doing a datalog for vit cop says I was doing 85 on a 40 which I know for a fact was not true but he didn't want to hear it. He arrested me for criminal reckless driving , and note I have NEVER in my life been pulled over nor given a ticket for 4 years since I was able to start driving not to mention my record is squeaky clean never been in any trouble. I told the cop I wasn't doing 85 at all but he still gave no care, also my lawyer said that cop didn't clock me at all Here's another thing I saw this cop sitting there and when I past him I was downshifting to 3rd so there's no possible way I could have hit 85 because I would hit the rev limiter way before that. I have court tomorrow and I'm freaking out because my lawyer could not agree on anything with the prosecuter before hand and I'm afraid of jail time. Thoughts?

Pull the datalog and get the speed off of it as proof?

Reckless is a bit of a catch-all and really depends on the state laws. I got one in Tennessee, and their state law says anything less than 20 over can be considered reckless. Hence, I got one going under the speed limit. It was a criminal charge but I did not go directly to jail. I did have to hire a lawyer, at great expense, and I got the whole thing dropped. The cops can use it at their discretion to be total *****. Mine even told me to sit tight cause he was gonna make it hurt. Nothing you can do. Get it reduced if you can to something non-criminal and be ready to take a class and pay some fines.

I think mine was a shakedown for $$ and cops attitude definitely relayed that. He seemed especially pissed at my clean record. I would bring the data log if it shows time, date, and speed. If it incriminates you at all then don't!

Sucks to hear and good luck man.

I don't think they will jail you. I seriously hope not.
Is there a way to see from flashpro how fast you were going and at what RPM? If so, this could make your case. The fact that you weren't going 85MPH and your flashpro log backs that up will alter the officers credibility.
At that point, I'd let the lawyer do the talking.

If you have the logs, make sure you get them to your lawyer way before your case. Idk if they need to show it to the judge and prosecutor before hand or not.

Good luck man.

Reactions: Nix
I hate to be the one that brings this up because I would like to see this out come as positive as possible. I feel as if you bring any datalog to court and they ask what is FlashPro( which i am sure they will) someone going to bring the fact that it clearly states its for "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" That would not be a good thing for you at all.

Yeah I'm not bringing it anyways the log was one of vits go out and have fun logs soo I wouldn't be able to pin point anything.

Reckless is a bit of a catch-all and really depends on the state laws. I got one in Tennessee, and their state law says anything less than 20 over can be considered reckless. Hence, I got one going under the speed limit. It was a criminal charge but I did not go directly to jail. I did have to hire a lawyer, at great expense, and I got the whole thing dropped. The cops can use it at their discretion to be total *****. Mine even told me to sit tight cause he was gonna make it hurt. Nothing you can do. Get it reduced if you can to something non-criminal and be ready to take a class and pay some fines.

I think mine was a shakedown for $$ and cops attitude definitely relayed that. He seemed especially pissed at my clean record. I would bring the data log if it shows time, date, and speed. If it incriminates you at all then don't!

Sucks to hear and good luck man.
Yeah I have a spotless record aswell I'm hoping I can get it reduced and pay some fines like a lot of cases have. I just don't want any jail time as I could lose my job etc.

What has your lawyer told you might happen?
He's almost positive jail time won't happen but dropping it to anything lower then reckless driving will be hard. What's on my side tho is that the officer never clocked me so there is no real solid evidence I was doing 85.

He's almost positive jail time won't happen but dropping it to anything lower then reckless driving will be hard. What's on my side tho is that the officer never clocked me so there is no real solid evidence I was doing 85.

If he claims he clocked you, you can also ask for service/maintenance records on the radar unit. If they are out of date, the charge is invalid.

I saw a huge article some guy wrote about disputing speeding tickets (kinda different than your situation but may help) but I can't find it. It mentioned what squiggy said too. Also the guy who wrote the article said he got a speeding ticket one time just by the cop's eye judgement. In court, he dropped a pencil from like 3 feet and asked the cop to estimate the speed of the pencil when it hit the floor. He did this to convey that the cop's eye judgement was inaccurate lol. Kind of a smart *** way to do it though so I don't think I would try that myself :hmmm?:

Back