Reckless driving

Tell them you were going 65, that will keep you from the 26mph over "reckless" law. It seems reasonable and keep u from the max penalty

Apart from your word against his, is to form your words in a way that doesn't make you out to be someone who thinks they can talk their way out of a ticket........ What you want is for them to see a regretful person that did "WRONG", and has learned their lesson.......

If you haven't told anyone what you were doing, I'd go with a simple, "I was trying to see what a few of my lower gears were able to do at a more than normal range, but was trying to keep the speed down near the speed limit, I was very wrong in doing it in that area". "Any more testing from now on will be at a private driving course". (Not racing course, or drag strip!). It helps to write down what you're going to say, so you'll pick up on two of the three types of memory sources, and the 3rd is to read it back to yourself over and over. But don't memorize it!

Tell them you were going 65, that will keep you from the 26mph over "reckless" law. It seems reasonable and keep u from the max penalty

The worst thing you can do is say you don't know what your highest speed was, all that does is to infer you weren't thinking about what you were doing, hence "reckless". So as @13blacksedan says, pick a number you feel will work.

Can you request a Jury Trial? if so I would cops hate to go to court, I do it for speeding tickets and they will usually just drop the case.

Reasoning behind dropping the charges? C'mon. We need details! :spaz:
Well for one the cop never clocked me so there's no evidence I was doing 85 other then what he was assuming, second my dad was with me at the time so that's a witness to my story. They did take 4 points off my liscence though but I'm OK with that. Let this be a lesson to whoever is tunning with vit PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure your doing this in an empty area and that their are no cops around or traffic because we can be putting people's lives in danger when we go at high speeds, this has been the worst experience I have had to face and I would hate for anyone to go through it.

Congrats man! I basically got the same thing with mine. Although I will say that $1000 you spent is a fair bit cheaper than mine! Lucky.

No points either? I got no points and had to take the AAA defensive driving course. My total was close to $3000.

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse....... Did you have to make a statement in front of the Judge? If so what did you say?

Congrats man! I basically got the same thing with mine. Although I will say that $1000 you spent is a fair bit cheaper than mine! Lucky.

No points either? I got no points and had to take the AAA defensive driving course. My total was close to $3000.
I got 4 points taken

Good news for you I guess;)

Last edited:
Back