remote wire to amp

alright thanks
ill try that but i gotta figure out why my fuse is blowing.....i checked my old fuse i had in from before and it was blown so i went to walmart and got more 20 amp fuses and i stuck it in the power wire and it blows right away.i have my remote turn on tied into my rear speaker but im going to run it to the fuse panel once i get time

Blowing without the remote wire in it? Your cars under warranty right? I would take it in.

Edit: you said power wire. The pure wire to the amp? If so make sure its not touching part of the car and arching out. Also for an amp power wire a 20 amp fuse probably isn't enough. I had an 80 amp in mine.

yeah..because i checked the fuse that was in there and it was blown so i went to walmart and got another 20 amp fuse and i went to put it in and it sparked and it blown. but that was with my remote wire tied into my back speaker postive .

I believe speakers run off of alternating current (AC). I could pose problematic wiring your remote up to that as the remote is supposed to be DC.

so i did have my subs and i bought a new amp off my friend....the first time it was too small of a power wire so i got a 4 gauge wire today and got everything hooked up and now it wont turn on so ill check things out more tommrrow

Grab a multimeter and make sure you have voltage going through power and remote when key is on and only power when key is off. Then check your ground. If that checks out it would have to be the amp. Multimeter is a must have for car audio (or really like 75% of the DIYs)

like it was weird because i came home and i turned it off and the subs its self were still going and amp was on but when i got gas and halfway home they just stopped and amp light wasnt on

i checked my fuse i did my remote to the same one you ran yours to and its not blown
That does sound like a remote or fuse problem considering it didn't turn off when you turned the car off. Which fuse do you have it going to, is it the rear defroster?

That does sound like a remote or fuse problem considering it didn't turn off when you turned the car off. Which fuse do you have it going to, is it the rear defroster?
Or if I misunderstood your post and you were just saying they were working properly when you got home I wonder if your amp is over heating or something and going into protection mode

so like it was working fine when i came home.i was in my house like 5 mintues or so and i come back out and my subs are still on and amp is also still on but when i turn the car on there fine. i went and got gas which was at my work place which is only like 10 mintues away and i turned my car off got gas and the subs were still on then also. i get back in my car and i drive away and like halfway home they just stop working . but in all of that my amp wasnt fasten down because i totally forgot about that. i have my remote wire running to the center console power adapter where you would plug a phone charger into.

I have the same problem I can’t find a fuse that shuts down my amp on a 2012 Honda Civic coupe which fuse did you use to run remote wire for interior fuse

I have the same problem I can’t find a fuse that shuts down my amp on a 2012 Honda Civic coupe which fuse did you use to run remote wire for interior fuse
What trim 12 coupe? Lx, ex, ex-l, si.....

23 should be an empty fuse slot that is ignition powered

Back