Removed intake resonator

Bulkybear

So I removed my resonator a few weeks ago. Love the sound. Haven't tuned the motor or anything and I noticed something. Before in first I could stomp it and my traction control light would start blinking indicating I was spinning tires. I was just playing in my car and noticed it wouldn't do this anymore. So I'm wondering if I lost any performance removing the resonator without having a tune, similar to what others were seeing with CAI without a tune where they could no longer break 15s in the quarter. There are other factors though. Its 80 degrees out (hotter than its been this year) and at first I had my AC on (though I turned it off for the 2nd attempt). I've also been wondering if my car has been getting weaker or if I've just been getting used to it. I'd like to know what you guys think.

heat is a killer for sure. How's your intake filter look?

I'll have to check that later. I recently got my oil changed and they said the filter looked good though.

I would also think the road surface can make a difference.

I would also think the road surface can make a difference.
Could be. I noticed it still did it on the roads around my neighborhood which are slicker than what I was on this morning. Still I figure with 200hp romping first gear should get some chirping regardless. So I guess the best question would be how does everyone else's Si act in first gear regarding pull?

I don't think it hurt the power but not positive.I did the same thing with my Greddy momentum a few weeks back and it felt like it might have gained a little,probably didn't but it may just be the better throttle response that made it feel like it did.It doesn't feel like it hurt the power for sure.

Are you guys able to stomp it in first and chirp the tires?

You know, I have never actually tried to do that. From first to second and second to third is easy enough though. You may be noticing a difference due to the whether getting warmer and not feeding as cold of air into the engine as before.

i see nothing but bad coming from the intake rez delete. with the rez in it pulls cool ish air from the gap in the hood above your headlight with it deleted you are pulling hot air from directly behind your radiator... least on an r18. just my 2 cents.

Resonator delete pulls from the same spot a cold air intake pulls from I believe. No harm in removing it. Just wondering if performance could be affected from opening up the intake without a tune like the cai's do. As well as if my car won't chirp first from flooring it when rolling about 10 mph if that would indicate a performance problem (stock all season tires).

Just a catback and fp. Just a base map.
That makes me jealous. So you can be rolling in 2nd, stomp it, and chirp tires? Not talking shifting into 2nd, mine will chirp then. Just talking already in gear and just flooring it.

No not rolling, I wish!
Lol. That's what I was talking about. If I did that in first my traction control light would start blinking through the entire rev range. Now it only does it sometimes. Trying to figure out if something is wrong with that or not.

Back