DIY Replace fog light bulbs with LED, stock replacement or HIDS or any kind of bulb

EJ8*

]I just received my LED bulbs and decided to installed them.

I wanted to see if the LED are even bright enough for my LIKING before I buy HIDS to put in the fog housing.

They are very easy to installed, I can do it with my eyes closed. I rate this a 1 out of 10 scale from easy to hardest. took me about not even a minute to do one side.

THE ONLY TOOL YOU NEED IS A SCREW DRIVER

The LED bulbs I bought.
d74adde3.sized.jpg

1. Unfasten the 1 and only screw on the fog light bezel.
dc2ff1a5.sized.jpg

5f58fb1d.sized.jpg

2. Pull the right side of the fog bezel out and it will slide out easy.
9e4c8a43.sized.jpg

3. Unplug the connect from the bulb.
d5a96c83.sized.jpg

35167d54.sized.jpg

3e3da13d.sized.jpg

4. Compare bulbs for fun lol
59859b43.sized.jpg

5. Plug in the new bulb.
NO IMAGE(S)
6. Put the left side of the fog light bezel in first and push against bumper.
00da8731.sized.jpg

7. Turn on fogs to check if they are working.

NO IMAGE(S)

AND DONE!!!!

Same concept goes if you replace it with any kind of light bulb

I will get a comparing picture tonight.

Thank you for viewing.

well I think you're entered into the contest for sure...I can't say a win yet...haha That'll be decided later.
Post the rest up! :D :excited:

]I just received my LED bulbs and decided to installed them.

I wanted to see if the LED are even bright enough for my LIKING before I buy HIDS to put in the fog housing.

They are very easy to installed, I can do it with my eyes closed. I rate this a 1 out of 10 scale from easy to hardest. took me about not even a minute to do one side.

THE ONLY TOOL YOU NEED IS A SCREW DRIVER

The LED bulbs I bought.
d74adde3.sized.jpg

What brand of LED bulbs are those and where did you get them? Also, how do they illuminate? Are they brighter than stock and do they light up the road at night like the stock bulbs. Just curious... I drive a lot of dark backroads with deer everywhere. Thanks.

Sorry... I posted in the wrong spot (I think)

What brand of LED bulbs are those and where did you get them? Also, how do they illuminate? Are they brighter than stock and do they light up the road at night like the stock bulbs. Just curious... I drive a lot of dark backroads with deer everywhere. Thanks.

You can buy them off ebay. I had a 102 smd led but they were not too bright. Maybe the Hi-power CREE leds would be better, but they might cost as much as a set of DDM HIDs.

Is this a 9th gen? My Si has 2 screws. Might be slightly different. I'm in the process of changing them out right now. I'll let ya know if it's any more difficult. That extra screw might prove to be a challenge.

Yeah not too difficult at all. At first I was a lil scared to just pull the fog light housing out but after a little left to right tugging I got the tabs loose and it just came right out. Then a quick turn of the bulb and they were out. Thanks for the DIY.

Here's a pic of my yellow 3k bulbs installed.
edcff91b.jpg

looks real nice... you have a hid kit in your low beam as well?

At first I was a lil scared to just pull the fog light housing out but after a little left to right tugging I got the tabs loose and it just came right out.
Yeah i had to tug on one of mine a few times the other just popped right out.

You're doing 10k in your fogs? Post pictures in this thread

Back