Replacing Torsion Bars with Hydraulic pistons

Marc Meyers

Ohio
Vehicle Model
Coupe
Body Style
EX
I have a 2014 EX and would like to hide my sub under the rear deck to conserve trunk space. I realize the bars are in the way. Not sure sub orientation yet. Just toying with the idea. I am thinking about venting it through the existing woofer hole and down firing the sub. But I want to replace the Torsion Bars with hydraulics pistons has anyone done this? Any suggestions of vendors, length and size of the pistons. Or the weight of the trunk lid. I'd appreciate any help.

I've not seen anyone try to swap hydraulic pistons on their truck setup yet. I believe I've seen 2 people mod their front hood to lift with hydraulic pistons, but they had to create their own methods for mounting brackets and stuff.

Also the torsion bar help the trunk "pop" open the first little bit. You could prob still make it work but you might loose that "pop".

The torsion bar apply pressure to assist with the opening of the trunk and to hold the trunk open. That project is on the back burner for now, home renovation are coming first.

Back