Retrofit and high beam questions

Dcalicotte03

I have a morimoto 35 watt kit from my mini h1s I had in my 2010 f150. I'm planning on buying another set of projectors and start my next retro on my 13 SI. My question is, am I only able to do low beams? Or can I get the bi xenon relay and use the highs in the projector?

Since the factory headlight bulb is a 9006 that is the relay harness that you will need from there you will just need 9005>9005/9006 high beam splitters to power the high beams on the projectors. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/high-beam-splitters.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!
You'd still have to splice into the mini h1 red/black wire-plug to trigger the high beam on that....unless you guys sell a female plug that mates to the mini high beam?

Inside the Mini H1 box will be a 9006 male connector that you can push those 2 pins into. After that you just need to connect that to the 9006 female connector from the high beam splitters.

any chance you have a pic of that male connector you're saying is in the box?

Morimoto-Mini-H1-5.0-7.jpg

You guys did away with the other high beam connection you used to have?

Found a pic on another forum -

image.jpg

So now people stick the leads in a female (if they don't run 9006)?

Since the factory headlight bulb is a 9006 that is the relay harness that you will need from there you will just need 9005>9005/9006 high beam splitters to power the high beams on the projectors. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/high-beam-splitters.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!
So I just have to get that splinter and split into the high beams and I'm good to go. And BOTH the hologen and projector highs will activate? That could be bright as crap lol. I've heard the old morimotos fit without cutting but not the new 6.0? Is this correct?

Also. Is it worth the upgrade to the mini stage 3 ds2 projectors? I may just buy a whole new set and wondering if I should go the ds2 rout for just a little bit more money. Installation the same?

That's correct, with the splitters you can use the projector high beam in conjunction with the halogen high beam. Yea I've heard there is some slight trimming that needs to be made because the shaft isn't as long.

The mini D2S is definitely better in performance but will require a bit more trimming to fit. It's ultimately up to you and how much work you want to do.

So right now I have the splitter harness, and projectors in my cart but I don't see a 9006 bi xenon harness on the site?

That's correct,. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at work. 404-220-7940 my name is Jamielle(said Jamel)

That's correct,. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call at work. 404-220-7940 my name is Jamielle(said Jamel)
Thanks for the responses. You've been a big help. I was going to make another thread about this but maybe you can help me out. I was interested in putting leds in the fogs to match the HIDs and fill in the fore ground. Do I have to do any wiring or are there replacement led bulbs that will plug right in?

Typically you don't have to do any wiring to install the LED bulbs in the fog lights from what I've seen. It should just plug into the factory connector and that's it.

So I put the projectors in my cart with the standard shrouds and they were 120. Then when I went to check out it went up to 135. What's up with that? It's done it twice. When I select the the projectors are 106 and change I think then the shrouds are 14ish. Of course that comes to 120ish. Why does it go up to 135?

Are you using IE? If so try chrome or Firefox and see what happens

Back