Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
This is quoted from @ADExternal 's Reverse Camera DIY

" Yellow Grid line Adjustment
This should work on all 9th Gen Civics with the i-MID display...
Press the MENU button on the steering wheel to access the vehicle menu:

Then press and hold SELECT and MENU at the same time for approx 20 seconds. You should then get the Service Diag Menu

Adjust Reversing Camera gridlines."

I can get up the Service Diag screen, but here are my choices:

image.jpg image.jpg

I don't have the Adjust Reversing Camera gridlines OPTION on my LX. Which option do I choose?

Thanks.
Sorry if its in the DIY, but I was too lazy to read through the 12 pages.

if you click on "camera" in that pic you took, is there an option in there for adjusting?

You have to put your gear to R in order for camera to show.. once it show,you can adjust the gridlines by moving it down or how you prefer. to move it,just click on source and drag with up or down or left right arrow...

You're welcome Pauly.. Let me know if there's something else i can help with.. FYI : i just drag all the guidelines to the bottom of the screen,because my camera has its own guidelines already.

You have to put your gear to R in order for camera to show.. once it show,you can adjust the gridlines by moving it down or how you prefer. to move it,just click on source and drag with up or down or left right arrow...
When i put it into reverse which option do I choose ? Will I have a new option once I put it into Reverse?

BTW, I haven't tried the Artwork option. It gives the option of artwork ON or OFF. By Artwork, are they referring to the Honda Logo that comes on when we first put our key into the ignition? Would be so cool if we could load our own artwork as the intro screen.

When i put it into reverse which option do I choose ? Will I have a new option once I put it into Reverse?
Select the " CAMERA " first.. it will just show you blank screen because there's no power to camera yet.. once you put the gear to R the camera become hot and the display will show.
NB : I think you can just pull the guidelines without the camera showing..

BTW, I haven't tried the Artwork option. It gives the option of artwork ON or OFF. By Artwork, are they referring to the Honda Logo that comes on when we first put our key into the ignition? Would be so cool if we could load our own artwork as the intro screen.
The artwork is just to control artwork from ipod.. if you set it to ON,then depend on the song it will show.. if OFF,there will be no artwork at all,just showing ipod logo instead of album cover artwork...
Edit : the Honda logo you're talking about is controlled by "Welcome Screen" i believe

You're welcome Pauly.. Let me know if there's something else i can help with.. FYI : i just drag all the guidelines to the bottom of the screen,because my camera has its own guidelines already.
Well, I tried to do this, but I'm not sure i was doing in correctly. I got to an image with the grid lines showing. There was a little red dot that moved from line to line. If I moved up or down it would bend the grid lines. This didn't seem like the right way though so I stopped. Is this the correct way?

Last edited:
Well, I tried to do this, but I'm not sure i was doing in correctly. I got to an image with the grid lines showing. There was a little red dot that moved from line to line. If I moved up or down it would bend the grid lines. This didn't seem like the right was though so I stopped. Is this the correct way?
Yes it is the way.. with mine i just select one dot,then pull it down to the bottom of the screen. do the same thing with others,and you will not see that grid lines anymore.

Yes it is the way.. with mine i just select one dot,then pull it down to the bottom of the screen. do the same thing with others,and you will not see that grid lines anymore.
Hmmm.....okay. It just seemed to bend the lines and not move them.

Thanks for video. That looks so much cleaner than mine. Now to figure out how to move those lines down. I thought you were going to show a video of how you moved the lines down. haha

Yay! Thanks so much! So that's how it's done. :)
Going outside to do this right now!

:escaper:

Last edited:
Back